Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Who expected a Volcano ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who expected a Volcano ?

I have been planning and dreaming about my Audi A3 delivery with my 17 year old son for over eight month; maps, research, reservations, books .. but who expected a volcano to wreak havoc on the european air travel industry ?!?

Watching the news and putting it into perspective, I'm very thankful that my flight was canceled before getting half way to Germany. And, United also fully refunded my money and frequent flyer miles!

Gary at the Audi European Delivery Program was very helpful and willing to do what ever possible to accomodate my situation, offering my hotel stay and factory tour should I ever actually get to Germany! Thank you Gary

So my memories of driving through the Bavarian Alps will remain fixed in Google Earth virtual tour.

Now - just waiting for my new Audi to show up at my local dealer.

/keith
Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default You should have waited

THat is a sad story that you didn't make your trip for European delivery, but why didn't you just postpone your plans? We were planning to pick up our car over Christmas break (when the kids are off), but the factory is not open then. So the next break was in February and that is when we got our car in Munich.

You will love your new car either way!
-Andrea
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your trouble, Keith. ED is amazing way to purchase a car.
And do that with your 17 y/o son is double fun.
I have fun with my girls 11 and 21. They loved factory tour and all process. Pretty sure in the future they will convict their boyfriend/husband to came back. I just hope they take me too...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I only have so much vacation time, so my son and I did a college tour at PennState instead. I figure we'll attempt the same trip NEXT April vacation (I have all the maps now!!) and rent an Audi
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

That is too bad Keith! You should definitely do it again, but rent an Audi.

Hopefully I have better luck with my A3 and the volcano clears up by the end of May!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keith Roberts
I only have so much vacation time, so my son and I did a college tour at PennState instead. I figure we'll attempt the same trip NEXT April vacation (I have all the maps now!!) and rent an Audi
I have a old friend who done this every year.
He take son or daughter (it's a scheduling list ) and fly to Europe with maps (I think, last time he get portable navigation unit) rent a car and just drove. No plan, no reservation. Just back roads of all European countries. 1 month vacation. His wife refuse to go with them, but kids loved
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I almost wish I got stuck with volcano AFTER the car is delivered. It would be an excuse to go drive around some more

Too bad you had to scrap your european delivery. that's the way to buy a new car!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default European Delivery - at last!

I'm excited to say we finally made it to Munich to complete our European Delivery; with a twist.

After our ordeal with last years Icelandic volcano, Audi had offered us the hotel stay and factory tour - everything except give me another car We planned the same itinerary. The twist - a good friend was buying a BMW and I convinced him he'd save money if I picked up the car in Munich while I was already there! An extra $2,300 in his pocket was a no brainer. Um, yeah, a very good friend!

So, my son and I took delivery at the BMW Welt which was awesome, then drove to Ingolstadt and visited the Audi Forum and toured the factory. Audi's factory is absolutely incredible, our tour guide was fantastic and Ingolstadt is a beautiful town! We then continued the trip by driving to the Neuschwanstein castle, road the cog train to the top of Zugspitze (tallest mountain in Germany @ nearly 10,000 feet), visited the Innsbruck Olympic ski jump and finished off with a few days in Salzburg. On the way back to the Munich airport we made a stop in F*cking Austria, a quaint little town with a unique name He really got a kick when the GPS announced: you've reached your destination, F*cking Austria, on your left.

This had to be the best vacation ever, and something I know we'll both be talking about for a long time. I figure in another 4 or so years I'll be getting another car and definitely will be doing the European Delivery again!

Thank you Gary at the Audi European Delivery office for everything!

/keith