Audi News Forum Discussion of Audi-related news, rumors, information and links to other publications

2022 Audi S8 First Drive (AudiWorld Official)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 02:50 PM
IB Staff

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tjbumb
Have you heard if Audi will be releasing a "plus" version? There was an article in March of 2021 mentioning they were in the works.
Haven't heard any rumors myself, although there may be a thread here somewhere. Basically, when journalists hang out with auto manufacturers, they never comment on future product development.

Originally Posted by A8bil
I own a 2019 A8...I'd say it is the smoothest driving car I have ever been in, and it does not have the predictive suspension. I think the predictive suspension will smooth out the big dips and provide active roll control, but the basic suspension itself is very good. My SO said on the first ride in the car, "now this is something different." i haven't been in a recent Bentley or Rolls, but I don't think anything short of that compares (depending on which tires you choose). With the acoustic glass, the B&O Advanced system and that suspension, it's really like driving in a sanctuary. It's so smooth I think it could benefit from one of those subaru devices that can detect when you're nodding off at the wheel.
Yeah, they obviously gave us ones with all the bells and whistles, but that was my biggest takeaway with the entire platform and suspension setup, the smoothness. I love how german carmakers manage to make vehicles that feel both soft and firm at the same time. It's comfortable yet won't leave you teetering in corners like old-school American land yachts.