Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

1996 S6 - Total Loss

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 S6 - Total Loss

Hello all,

I was recently broad-sided by an older Jeep Cherokee and it made quite a mess of poor ol Audrey and she has been labeled as a total loss by my insurance company. I am currently going through arbitration to increase my settlement value but I do have the option of buying back the vehicle. The plant only has 133,000 km on it, have minor goodies (Samcos, Phantom Boost Gauge, Dahlback BPV, Snub, 034 Short-shift, 18" RPM's w/ 2" lip and mesh spoke design), interior is in good condition. The main damage is to the driver's side front wheel, it got bent right in and has suspension damage, the quarter panel and headlight on that side are toast too, the bumper looks to be okay with some paint. The driver's door is done and the rear door wouldn't open but looked to be just caught on the bent driver's door and probably repairable. I'll post a picture up soon but I'm just wondering what people think I could get for it parting it out or just selling as a parts car (or fixer upper) as a whole.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry to here about your car but glad you are ok

I would be very interested in the trans if it is quiet and in good shape. Where are you located? I am in Seattle, I suspect you must be in Canada seeing how your car is a 96.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

He is another Saskatchewan UrS owner (one other is speedtek who recently lost his 96 S6 in an accident in Sask.)
Old 04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

What condition was the car in before the accident?
SGI initially offered me $6300 for mine, but I told them I had turned down an $8500 cash offer to sell just 2 months earlier. They got an independant appraiser to look at the car and he and I spoke at length. I gave him a bunch of pictures of the car before the accident (it also helped that I had the car X-cote'd just 3 weeks earlier, the paint was rated as excellent by SGI). I had receipts for every bit of maintenance done to the car since it rolled off the lot in 96 (including the original bill of sale), so it was obvious that it had been meticulously maintained. They ended up offering me $8850, which I accepted. They offered me salvage rights at $1000 and I accepted as I had pre-sold the wreck to a friend in Regina.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh yeah, and also.....glad to see you're ok. Post up some pics, I'd be interested to see how the UrS fared in a side impact situation.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
He is another Saskatchewan UrS owner (one other is speedtek who recently lost his 96 S6 in an accident in Sask.)
Man, the SK UrS guys have been jinxed...

To the OP, do you have an aftermarket exhaust on the car?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ROCCO_16V
Man, the SK UrS guys have been jinxed...
No kidding, the saddest in this is that we are losing some very good condition, rare cars. With only 106 in NA for 1996, it won't take long for them to become extinct at this rate.......
I only hope my "new" (and even rarer) 1997 model has better luck.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ouch. Glad you are okay, looks like we are having some bad luck around here lately. STAY SAFE EVERYONE!

About your S6; I'll take the Samco kit if you part it out. And maybe the boost gauge, would need pics! The wheels too, possibly, depending on what they look like. Do you have springs/dampers?
Old 04-21-2009, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL, looks like the vultures have begun circling the carcass already.....
Old 04-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Picture of the damage

Here's the damage... How many kms did you have on yours speedtek? I know I paid way too much for her from the dealer but I'm going through arbitration and he sounded confident (which is his job) that he could get me $12-13k for it since I have a $20k dealership receipt from 3 years ago (I know, I know...) and about $6k in repair and upgrade receipts (Timing belt, rear control arms. They've offered me $9500 for it with a $2500 buy back, which isn't bad in itself but if I can get more then might as well take it! One thing that sucks about our situations is that they're VERY good cars for the ridiculous Sask winters, one of the safest out there as far as I'm concerned, and I dreamt of always keeping her as my winter vehicle, looks like that one is over...
Attached Thumbnails 1996 S6 - Total Loss-img00043.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1996 S6 - Total Loss