Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

95.5 S6 RF Key fob replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95.5 S6 RF Key fob replacement

Alright,help me out here. I cannot seem to locate a definitive answer on this: replacing a 95.5 S6 RF fob with a switchblade and have the locks work, is it possible?? I could only locate information about switching to a RightClick system. If it is indeed possible, any ideas on the procedure to make this so?

However, if it is not possible what other options to have to replace broken fobs (i.e. used working 95.5 fobs or older style fobs that would work). Thanks for your help here.... it would bring me back to good terms with the Mrs.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm in the same boat and haven't found a good answer yet.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

are you looking for a place that makes the keys, other than audi, sense their prices are crazy high?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Actually I am after any key and fob option that will work with the existing RF keyless system and these keys. I don't even care if it is a new(er) OEM fob and key, as long as it doesn't cost dealer prices, which I believe to be outrageous (if they carry it any longer).

Any ideas on what options there are? I still cannot find out for sure if the newer Audi keys will work with this RF system.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I know there is a place in kansas city that can make the audi laser cut keys and it costs like 15-20 bucks(thats with the new key, and the cut), but thats not the flip key. I have an A4 also and got that key cut there, for a second key. It works and didnt cost $200-$300 like the dealer wanted. Your best bet is to call around to different key places and see if they can cut you a new key.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why must it work with the existing RF keyless system? As far a keys go you have keys don't you? With the original Audi system for this car the key and the RF remote are two separate items and have no connection with each other except a small chain that holds them together.

The right click remote system costs about $45 and works just like the original remote after some simple wiring connections. You even get a new key blank you can have cut.

Your question aout the new switchblade keys: NO Now you still don't know whether they will work because you don't know if I know what I am talking about. Time for you to find a place with a good FAQ list for you to read.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I do not care if it is a new fob or a new key/fob combo, I am simply after replacement options that will work with the car's RF system and key style, without paying the outrageous price at the dealer. I understand the OEM key and fob are separate components.

Regardless, as mentioned above and by others, I have not been able to locate such a clear-cut, and absolute answer to the switchblade question - thank you for that clarification.

However, are you implying the RightClick remote system is the only other option outside of acquiring dealer-new fobs to obtain a remote fob that will operate the keyless system, albeit a hard wired controller? Any thoughts if used OEM fobs in good shape can be located?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original remote fobs have that fragile plastic loop for the keychain, so they are rather useless if you can't keep the two together. I have not seen a home-made repair that I would want. Any other used fobs that someone would sell probably are not connected with a vehicle, i.e., the car was sold and they just found the extra key, so there would be no way to verify that they work.

The installation of the right click has been detailed with clear directions and photos. As a more modern system it will probably last longer and provides the range of newer car units and costs less than half a new OEM fob.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Locksmith in KC

Could you provide information of the locksmith you used in Kansas City area.

Thanks

Originally Posted by urs6audi95
Well I know there is a place in kansas city that can make the audi laser cut keys and it costs like 15-20 bucks(thats with the new key, and the cut), but thats not the flip key. I have an A4 also and got that key cut there, for a second key. It works and didnt cost $200-$300 like the dealer wanted. Your best bet is to call around to different key places and see if they can cut you a new key.