Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

AC compressor switch off problem / recirculation flap

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC compressor switch off problem / recirculation flap

Hello,

two days ago I observed that I can't engage the recirculation mode of the HVAC anymore. when pushing the button it won't stay on. Then I figured out that I also can't engage the AC manually (outside ~45°F). Right now it isn't much of a problem since it's still cold but want to fix it before its getting warm.

I checked the AC for DTC error codes but nothing was stored in channel 1.

I then recognized that channel 52 shows a compressor shut off condition. Digit a2 and c3 are lit when the engine runs. a2 indicates to have the AC manually switched off (which I didn't do) c3 indicates that ambient air temp is to low (which wasn't the case). The decimal point isn't lit as well which says that the compressor is switched off. I checked all the air temperature sensors available in the AC control panel and they all gave me reasonable values. The temperature readings seem to be 'alive' since they change slightly during driving by a few degrees.

The only suspicious thing I observe is the compressor speed. It indicates to be '0' Is this normal because its clutch isn't engaged due to the switch-off?

I also would expect to have a DTC code set if the AC would be empty or a sensor really fails.

I'm left clueless and have no idea where to search. Appreciating your help!

Regards
Jan