Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Best Price for suspension parts??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Price for suspension parts??

I have 173k, I want to replace all my suspension components besides the Eibach/Bilstein kit i have. So control arms w/balljoints, tie rods, and so on for front and rear. Where is the best place to get these items at the best price??? Also what are peoples opinions with subframe bushings? Was looking at AMD's plastic or aluminum front & rear kits, but heard they are hard to get ahold of. This is a dd, so thoughts on these?? thx
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Blau has a new kit with their own struts for under $400.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I dont need those parts..I have eibach/bilstein kit already. I need all the bushings, control arms, ball joint crap.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found a set of Meyle control arms on ebay for $81.06 shipped. Brand new in factory packaging.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by urluzn2
I have 173k, I want to replace all my suspension components besides the Eibach/Bilstein kit i have. So control arms w/balljoints, tie rods, and so on for front and rear. Where is the best place to get these items at the best price??? Also what are peoples opinions with subframe bushings? Was looking at AMD's plastic or aluminum front & rear kits, but heard they are hard to get ahold of. This is a dd, so thoughts on these?? thx

I have pieced together my suspension rebuild over the past few months from different suppliers. I divided the project into front and rear suspension (because of my budget)

But to answer your question I try to order online, from another state (to avoid CA tax) and then look for the best price on a particular part you are searching for.

For starters - AutohausAZ offers free shipping over $50, and they have fairly competitive prices on bits here and there.

I got a majority of my stuff from foreignautomotiveparts.com (or fap99.com).
Genuineaudivwparts.com for best prices on OEM parts. Worldimpex.com for the super hard to find stuff.

Blau is a friendly source but alot of what they stock is Meyle so if you're in tune with what others are saying, Meyle is not the best replacement part.

I have also dug through ECS's site (revamped) and they have a lot of onesy twosy parts that are cheaper than others, in addition to decent descriptions. 034Motorsport also now offers replacement parts.

Ebay is "OK", i recommend emailing the seller and asking them EXACTLY what brand their parts are to make sure you know what you're getting. They're cheap for a reason. Find out why.

That being said, you're gonna have to know all the part numbers of what you are looking for so really thats where your research should begin. Then just go to all the sites and price compare.

I have never ordered all my parts from one source simply because if you look hard enough you can save a few bucks here and there simply from knowing all the resources avail. Worth the effort?? well the savings adds up when you are doing the entire suspension so IMHO yes...worth the extra hunting.

Good luck.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Where? Item number? Link?

Would like that deal!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE][Where? Item number? Link? Would like that deal!/QUOTE]]

Once you have the opportunity to install a set of control arms you will understand why no one
wants to repeat the job in 6 months, which is what I give you before your great deal Meyle control
arm bushings are shot and your suspension is as sloppy as when you started.

Best choice from several listers: 1( TRW , 2) NOT CHINESE ( I don't know how to do #2) This place lists TRW arms in stock at a pretty good price/free shipping. They are not on my favorites list for most prices, but you will need to shop around to find good parts for a complete suspension rebuild, and I have ordered from them before.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/
Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Stay away from Meyle. They might last 6 months.

Buy TRW. They are OEM and it is not worth skimping now. You'll end up doing it twice and spending more in the long run.
Do a search for Meyle control arms you'll see what I mean.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cash68
Would like that deal!
I think it was just a lucky find. It's part numbers 4A0 407 151/52
Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1stturbo
Stay away from Meyle. They might last 6 months.

Buy TRW. They are OEM and it is not worth skimping now. You'll end up doing it twice and spending more in the long run.
Do a search for Meyle control arms you'll see what I mean.
Even though newer Meyle HD stuff? Is that still crap?

Quick Reply: Best Price for suspension parts??