Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Big Brake Kit Options and ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, we have all the parts if you want to piece mail it, or the full kit availible:

http://www.034motorsport.com/product...ducts_id=13272

http://www.034motorsport.com/product...ducts_id=13230
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

do B5 S4 brakes fit or adapt?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:05 PM

No, the mounting holes are further apart.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I'm also considering a BBK. One thing I've been wondering

about is how much the big kits weigh vs. the stock components. And is there any adverse affect from the added weight? Does the 993TT setup weigh a lot more than the 986 setup? My car isn't RS2'd yet so I dont have a ton of HP to compensate for a lot of added weight. Or should I not worry about this and just shut up?
Old 03-28-2009, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yep, donno if you need a bracket though.

UrSs used HP2s somewhere though.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You guys mention standard Boxster, 928GTS/993TT Big reds... what about Boxster S reds? do they work.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I went with a Stoptech setup...

The pedal feel is solid. The braking is MUCH better now.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

When I bought my car it had big reds already. They are great, car stops on a dime, which has made for some scary situations on the road as I stop really fast, but not the person behind me.

I think if you are going to track the car, it's probably worth the heavy duty setup. If my car did not have this setup, I would have stayed stock, but gone a different route with rotors and pads as previously mentioned.

It seems like people get these BBK's then get really crappy pads...because pads for the big reds are pretty costly. It's not like $40 and you're good to go.

Not to mention, when it comes to rebuild time on the 4 piston calipers, if you can't DIY. It will probably make more sense to buy new calipers. The rebuild and the calipers are not cheap.

I would be more concerned about, the weakness in your setup being worn components. Instead of going down the costly route, outline what you plan on using your car for. If it's for commuting, then stay stock with some upgraded parts. If it's about making a powerhouse for the track, then sure it would be a good investment.

You seem to not be too happy about various things on the car, getting into an expensive brake setup is not going to make things any different as your maintenance costs will go up.

In the end you'll do what you want to do, but take some time to think it through. Just because others have done it doesn't mean you need to.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default BBK

You can pretty much do whatever you want when it comes to brakes, If you are prepared to machine and expense is of no consequence the sky's the limit. Take a look at the attached photo and see what you don't want. ECS had a recall on these and came good on them so don't construe this as an attack. I presently have their gear on my car and with a slight modification am running 330 rotors with crap for pads on my big reds, right now my stock G60s outperform the BB setup. Pads make a HUGE difference and the G60s have gotten a bad rap due to inferior pad manufacturing. My initial BB setup was lighter than the stock, caliper per caliper, but now that I've gone to the larger rotors my rotating mass is greater and I don't really have an impression if it's better. I don't track my car and ice racing doesn't really require high performance gear. Remember to consider what rims you are using, some will not clear the BBK. Dissimilar metals is an issue and requires frequent cleaning and inspection especially for those that live in areas where salt is used. Canukiwukies.
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2009, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My car has HP2 calipers on it.With stock car,the brake is just enough.Atfer the car has been Chipped,Giant 19" Rims,so many times I
am really close to another ***.The brake is easy getting to fade out
with a few hard braking.I'm going for the 6 Pots Cayenne Caliper.
As the HP2 Strut has the same mounting distance as Cayenne Calipers.
it's easy to fit the calipers on the HP2 strut.Anyway,So many projects
are still waiting.I need more times guys!!.

Quick Reply: Big Brake Kit Options and ABS?