Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Bob Myers's Chip-Ur-S MRC software website is finally back up and running

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Immature minds...

Right, my bad, I assumed you could read. I took responsibility in the previous post.

"I tried to back up what I posted with where I found it and maybe why they said it. If that doesn't work for everyone its on me."

The "realm of ad hominem", wow who typed your email today, I actually learned something from you, who thought it possible?

def.,appealing to ones' predjudices rather than to reason, as by attacking one's opponent rather than debating the issue.

So you have done exactly what your accusing me of? Thanks for pointing out the real dolt.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Reading comprehension.

It's not your strong suit, I take it.

When you take quote out of context, it's the same as lying. Again, I'll repeat it....

If, after repeated attempts to explain what should be obvious to a third-grader, the moniker "dolt" moves out of the realm of ad hominem to the realm of reality.

In addition, not everyone has infinite patience to deal with folks who refuse to do any homework, act like dicks on the internet, and offer non sequitur in place of a reasonable contribution.

So let's recap, shall we?

1.) I've been considering an RS2 MAF for a specific reason. If you don't know what the reason is, then STFA. That way you'll be up to speed as to where the conversation happens to be. (Hint: you kinda joined in the middle.)

2.) Dave an I discussed, in this forum, not more than three weeks ago, the nature of the RS2 vs. OEM MAF electrical output.

3.) Dave and I also discussed, during the same time frame, the flow characteristics of the two MAFs.

4.) I quoted in one of those discussions, where, and for how much, a new RS2 MAF could be sourced.

5.) I have discussed the RS2 MAF vs. OEM MAF with Bob Myers via telephone. Bob is the MRC retailer in the U.S. from whom I've purchased my Stage 2 chipset.

So, what is it again that you are offering in the way of new info? Are you trying to save me money and get performance gains by having me remove the screens from my MAF? Are you warrantying my MAF if I get FOD? No?

Then make your point.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default So, what exactly is your point?

The screens are there for a reason. If you don't know the reason, then WTF are you going on about?

I already know why they are there - it's been discussed before.

You're coming into the discussion for what purpose - seriously, I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Reading comprehension.

"...When you take quote out of context, it's the same as lying. Again, I'll repeat it...."

Excellent point which is why I quoted the whole passage, not a letter out of context. So what is YOUR poinnt? If you stopped acting like a fith grader for 2 seconds you would have seen that. Where is the rule every post has to be additive? If it were a rule 1/2 yout "STFA" comments would be classified as trash.

Yes. let's recap, I threw out info that you, maybe even others have issue with, wonderful, thats what boards are for. No one else took your level of offense. As for acting like a dick, me thinks you doth protest to much. You're the one whose taken to juvenile name calling. Talk about adding a non sequitur, you throw out some many that your now getting trash back for response to your serious request for CBL tranny info. You reap what you sow, or as you are so aptly finding out, "If you live by the sword, you die by the sword" Its from the bible which is to long to post here in its entirety so I guess you'll think I'm lying.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Uh...

Yeah, nice backpedal.

When you join in the conversation in the middle, we're not all gonna back up and bring you, personally, up to speed when you toss out useless and incorrect info.

That's YOUR responsibility. Thus, STFA. If you can't be bothered to catch up on your own, then STFU already.

Yes, you quoted out of context. You only quoted PART of the comment, the replied to that part.

You wrote, specifically, "The 'realm of ad hominem',..." and none of the rest of what I wrote. It's called a quote out of context. Liars and politicians have been using the technique for centuries.

So, back to what you "tossed out there." I corrected you because you were wrong. Somebody else comes along and sees your ignorance and might believe it, so it should be corrected. It's not magically OK because it's an internet forum. There is a reason that it was being discussed in the first place. Do you have any clue yet as to why? Or are you still ignorant?

So again, what are you offering here? What's new and special that hasn't been covered? Nothing, really - that's the best answer. But hey, it's been real fun watching you hunt all around to find something to be even sillier about, so I'll leave you with this:

I knew exactly what part of the Bible I was quoting. I know exactly who said it, and under what circumstances. And I know that SOMETIMES, I get to be the butt of the joke. Which is fine, because everyone needs to take a turn in the barrel. I pitch folks some ****, they pitch it back. It's what makes things fun. And BTW, the e-mails I've gotten on the tranny give me a range. But I did LOL @ Nate. Thanks for your "concern" however.

Now, do you have any more ignorance you'd like to expose, or are you done here?