Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Got to visit the Police impound yard today......that was fun.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to visit the Police impound yard today......that was fun.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

OOO! OOO, I hear a story coming on...
Old 02-05-2007, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Look at the bright side- a car didn't have to come visit you in the slammer ;-)
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default yea. the City of Edmonton finally took exception to my Golf living on the street... so she wuz tow'd

though I did have some warning that this was going to happen. Got a call on Friday from the Traffic Department telling me that my Golf was considered an abandoned vehicle and that I had 72hrs to get it off the street.

Now this was all fine & dandy except for the 72hrs part. Me being the procrastinator that I am obviously was going to leave this until the last possible moment. But unfortunately our respective time frames regarding "72hrs" seemed to be kinda different. Over the phone the dip**** didn't tell me that my time limit had started on Thursday, so I presumed that since I got the call 10am on Friday that's when my 72hrs started.

Anyway Sunday, I get home from my friend's superbowl party all ready to play musical vehicles only to find my Golf MIA. ****...this sucks. Oh well, I was too "tired" to take care of business that evening so I just let it slide. Since today ended up being crap weather (no flying) I was able to figure out what was up with my beater. Turns out she's in a police impound yard over on the other side of town and it's gonna cost me $124 to get her out. That's on-top of the $200 parking fine for the extended street-side stay.

Alright, fast-forward to about 1600hrs this afternoon. Over the long & slow dangerously slippy drive home, where I witnessed 3 accidents, I had lots of opportunity to think of how to get my damn car. With few friends and nobody immediately convenient to drive me to the yard I decided that it'd be a fun challenge to ride the public transit system. Quick scrutiny of the ETS route map gave me a good idea of which buses I would hop on and off of. Turns out I would ride 4 different buses and walk a sum total of 11blocks to arrive at the impound yard....not bad for $2.50 (yes, the fares just went up from $2.25); I'd say the best deal of the day.

Like the stupid fool I am I actually didn't think to check the key-ring I had with me to make sure it actually had the key for my Golf. Dumb luck prevails and I luckily have the key with me. The next moment of panic hits when I begin to wonder if the car will even start, since I haven't so much as touched her in well over a month. I also have no idea if there's any gas in the tank. But, as this superb little Golf has demonstrated time & time again she proves to be an exceptional beater. She fired right up, full tank of gas, blowing hot heat and warming up my driver's seat (more then can be said for my S4) and was basically a happy little car despite her recent ordeal. 3hrs later found me back at home, a bit cold, hungry, and pissed off at having outed myself of nearly $350 today....That's almost the cost of Samcos!!!! grrrr

So all in all it was kinda a ****ty day. At the moment my Golf is in my proper assigned parking space and my S4 sits beside her in the spot that I have figured is abandoned (it goes weeks without an occupant, although knowing my luck tonight somebody will finally want to park there and might have my Audi tow'd <YIKES!&gt. All this adventure wasn't at all worth $324 =(

peace
Old 02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

hmmm.. I wouldn't speak so soon... there's still my outstanding Reckless Driving bullsh*t
Old 02-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Lane Shark

Why not just buy another cheap beater?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Expert

for $300....up here!?! I don't think so.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Lane Shark

Default quattro for $300

bus trip to Calgary for 1st gen quat, seems worth it<ul><li><a href="http://www.usedcalgary.com/classified-ad/2335333&amp;category=autos">http://www.usedcalgary.com/classified-ad/2335333&amp;category=autos</a</li></ul>
Old 02-06-2007, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Expert

I can think of so many reasons why not to involve myself with a $300 Audi
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Lane Shark

just showing that you CAN find $300 cars ; - )

Quick Reply: Got to visit the Police impound yard today......that was fun.