Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

how does higher flow exhaust effect turbo and spool and over all turbo feel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does higher flow exhaust effect turbo and spool and over all turbo feel?

ever since installing RS2 EM my turbo spool feels extremely linear, car feels like a non-turbo car. MPH climbs fine, acceleration is pretty good, just dont feel the turbo kick in, its smoother than before. dont feel that seat of the pants whoosh that turbos give, even at 4000rpm spooled in any gear, feels linear and smooth delivery all the way to red.

this is after replacing coils with HO coil kit and fixing leaks in down pipe and replacing WGFV and 710N and 30psi spikes on the K24, also removed the 1.8 bar WG spring. previous ran 24 psi with stock and 1.8 spring. Now run 18psi

currently running 18 psi on K24 with MTM 1+ and stromung t-back with rs2 EM.

I understand the fact I could have gotten adjusted to the boost and power feel, but I just dont feel it, car feels like its holding back or not pushing full. find no boost leaks while pressure test. turned WG spring down more and it bucks, so am currently at 4 turns from flush with top of WG cover.

where did my 4-6 pounds of additional boost go?

could I be missing a tiny leak somewhere? been away from the car for almost two months playing in the rockies.

it feels slow cant figure it out

thanks
Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Put the wastegate spring back in...

The stock wastegate spring rate allows for alot of wastegate creep. The boost builds slower and in a linear fashion. The stiffer spring will keep the wastegate closed longer and make it more difficult to open so boost will come on more abruptly. You will then see the higher boost value back and get full boost at a lower rpm. Just make sure the spring perch (6mm allen at the top) is backed the whole way out or you will get larger spikes that will reach boost cut. In colder weather our cars run less boost anyway. I can get away with a couple of turns on the tension adjustment in the winter months because it can tolerate the larger spikes. It is an easy swap. The spring will give you the woosh back.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default but I ran 24 psi on the stock spring before too, but I'll give er a shot.

oh this started in september before it got cold
Old 12-31-2008, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The spring won't affect the peak as much as it will the middle.

I turned down my stock WG spring 6 turns and it was noticable for me!