Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

LuK replacement clutch kits - the correct part number (I hope)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LuK replacement clutch kits - the correct part number (I hope)

From the LuK website. Also check the "details" section at the right hand side, leads to Master clutch cylinder, slave cylinder and flywheel part numbers.<ul><li><a href="http://www.lukclutch.com/catalog/results.phtml?make=Audi&amp;model=S4&amp;year=1993 &amp;displacement=2.2L&amp;submit=Search+Catalog"> Click HERE</a></li></ul>
Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's the one i got...02-026 and BOOM!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Maybe it should have been the 02-025 (?). Remember that kits are filled by stockpersons who are

bored, stoned and frankly, often, just don't give a darn. Never assume that the parts you have received are the correct parts just because the numbers are correct on the box. Compare to the parts you are replacing and don't install anything that physically doesn't match (if you are unsure).
Old 03-25-2008, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default well....let's say i'll never forget my first clutch replacement...

after taking the tranny in and out 4-5 times on saturday, i pulled it yesterday again in half an hour....not too shabby :P
Old 03-26-2008, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is why I think Luk thinks that pressure plate fits our cars.

Because it does fit, at least in some cases. If you put both of the pressure plates on a work bench the fingers are at the same height Generally with pressure plates there are basically two things to look at when fitting. One obviously being that the bolt configuration matches the flywheel and the other being that the diaphram spring measures out at the same height as the original pressure plate. Sometimes the outer housing can look different, updated part etc. In most cases it would not matter that the outer housing of the plate is five millimeters taller as in the Luk plate but in the case of our cars there is not much clearance in the bell housing. In fact the area that these Luk pressure plates hits in the bell housing is a machined surface to gain clearance for the pressure plate housing. My theory is that this machined surface is probably not the same depth from car to car. Hence why mine just contacted it lightly enough to have the engine not turn and kinders was enough for him to break his bell housing when he tightened it up.I suspect there our others out there that may actually clear otherwise Luk would have pulled that pressure plate out of the kit because they would have gotten them all back as new returns/warranty. I do however remember after this happened to me I talked to my Worldpac rep and asked him to check the return rate on this kit and he had gotten about half of them back. And by the way I am pretty sure the original clutch I pulled out of my car was a Sachs at least that is what I remember. Parts manufacturers are not infaluble, sometimes they screw up too even if they are a OEM supplier.