Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Memory Seats/Remote/Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory Seats/Remote/Side Mirrors

So, my car has the memory seat module, but it isn't working, and worse, it messes up my mirrors when I use my remote.

This is what I see, and if I understand the manual correctly these are related to the seat memory.
* No lights or anything else on the box in the driver's door when I hit on/off or try to store a seat setting
* When I unlock the car with one of the IR keys, the side mirrors rotate all the way forward (but the seat does not move)

Where should I start looking? Many thanks for any suggestions you have.

(PS: I've done my best to STFA, but if there is a FAQ entry I failed to my Spot roll.)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know those switches can get damaged by water getting on them (the flat orientation just has them begging to get soaked).

Mine are still OK, it might be worth a trip to a slavage place to see if you can get a known working one & R&R it. It certainly sounds like the switch is the root of your evil, although there may be something in between the switch and the source of power that could be screwing things up. I have a wiring diagram from the Bentley I could post (I need to figure out how to do pictures on AW) if that would help.

Ed
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, the logic board is in the switch itself? I see a switch on an ebay auction for $30, so I may as well grab that.

Does seat memory have its own fuse?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

To answer my own question, no, it is on the same fuse as the dome light, floor lights, etc. Dash panel #8 in my case.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is that wiring diagram page. Hope it helps.

Ed
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you, sir.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't help you with any play-by-play troubleshooting, but many problems in this area are a result of wires breaking in the rubber boot where they flex when the door is opened/closed. The drivers door is the prime suspect. There is a seat memory box under the drivers seat, and a mirror memory control box under the back seat, appropriately marked, so I would not suspect the switch box first.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by scarman
I can't help you with any play-by-play troubleshooting, but many problems in this area are a result of wires breaking in the rubber boot where they flex when the door is opened/closed. The drivers door is the prime suspect. There is a seat memory box under the drivers seat, and a mirror memory control box under the back seat, appropriately marked, so I would not suspect the switch box first.
I will check the boot - that's the simplest of the three and would explain the lack of power to the switch.

If the mirror memory worked but the seat memory was dead, that would match my symptoms with a remote unlock, but it could also match no signal going from the switch to the seat memory. I think.

What happens if I disconnect the mirror memory? If the remote didn't move the seat and didn't move the mirrors I'd be better off than I am now.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about disconnecting the memory control box, but it certainly is worth a try. Power to operate the mirrors may come through the box. I believe the power seat requires the memory box to be in the circuit.

Most of these cars only have one driver, so nobody is spending a lot of time on the memory feature.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's the case with me, never did on the S4 and don't on the S6. Have no clue how or if they work, sorry.

Quick Reply: Memory Seats/Remote/Side Mirrors