Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

New S4 owner.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S4 owner.

Hello all. Andrew here. Recently picked up a 93 S4, blk/blk. Has 341,000kms And is needing some good TLC, And a clutch. Maybe a flywheel too. Where is my best option for ordering a manual for the car?
Looking to resurect this car over ythe next couple of months, dont have to much money to spend on it due to saving for downpayment on a house. Most work will need to be done on a budget, with searching for used parts or best cheap aftermarket that i can find. ANybody parting one out if you could please contact me.

Exterior has a few good rust spots. A small crack in the glass in the right headlight which has let a bunch of moisture in the housing. Has HID kit installed (no drl's anymore) Pass rear door mouilding is fubar and a couple others are kind of crap looking (need a good source for replacements). Right taillight on trunk (with lock) has a crack in it. Missing a wheel center cap (Anybody got one - 5 spoke alloys)Crack in front bumper (fixable)and missing the bumper grille for the intercooler.

Interior is in great shape. Warning lights/trip srceens dont work sometimes. heated seats work. The battery has been grounded out on the seat frame and melted some of the bottom of the cushion (Not cool).Glovebox handle has been broken off.The radio is in safe mode, I have the code but not the process to enter it.

Mechanically, The car runs good, has a slight miss. Oil is black(First to been changed) Leak in the exhaust just after the resonator(can be welded) Has Apikol Coil kit. Poly Snub mount(unsure of make - its red) the hose on the intake end of the intercooler has been severly wrapped in duct tape (so Canadian)(need replacement what are my options, prefer silicone)Wastegate is missing a vaccum line.(will need a vaccum diagram please) Power steering pump is leaking out of the main seal (rebuildable?)

I'm sure there are other things but i haven't gotten much of a chance to look it over and test somethings. but i'm sure i will have some more quetsions. I will do my best to search the Faq first.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Radio unlock info is detailed in owner's manual but if not here it is from Ti Kan's Audi radio website.

http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/gamma.html
Old 02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanx for the link. Silence in a car sucks.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have quite a list there. One thing I can help easily is there is no hose missing on the waste gate cap. They are all like that. Send me an private email here and I will hook you into resources including other Canadian S-car owners, if indeed, you are in Canada (sounded like it).

Last edited by UrS4boy; 02-12-2010 at 09:12 PM.