Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

SO, if stock manifold w/ bigger turbo burns valves, then......

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF are you so angry about???

So you know of one person in which this phenomenom happened to, without knowing any other relavent conditions of the vehicle and now you present that as fact. The ONLY fact that we have is that Hap had burnt exhaust valves. How he got them is suspect. He claims that is was the fault of the factory exhaust manifold which you also believe because thats what you were told. There is no evidence to support this claim, NONE. I'm sorry but because you say so doesn't cut it. If you have actual facts that support your claim then present them, PLEASE.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I am not angry. There are other examples out there (from 8 or 9 years ago) besides Hap. People...

moved on and just used the RS2 manifold.

No, I can't go back (to Audifans archives) and dig out the data. But it was there.

I keep saying, if you want to re-invent the wheel and try a larger turbo on a stock EM, please do so. I don't care. I just suspect that you will be sorry that you did.

I am happy with my RS2 EM choice. Its better than any SS log manifold out there. Its not as good as the EM that Ned Ritchie did out of Inconel but those (and the molds) are history. The upcoming Wagner improved RS2 cast manifold that 034 will be selling will likely be better than anything to date.

But of course, you won't necessary believe that either.

Enjoy.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ding!

The Audi/Porsche engineers know something.

gruppe5's engineering cred is what, again?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't know. He knows people who know people? And he visits Motorgeek? (??)
Old 07-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Ahh ok, thank you. makes a few details fit better.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yup,

You and Dave keep coming with the insults. I never once said that I was an engineer, nor did I imply anything of the sort. I have experience with this particular situation and I have been QUITE clear as to my intention of this post! So now I must assume that the BOTH of you have extreme comprehension issues or you are stupid. Did I come in here saying "hey, I'm internet tuff guy, I know everything about everything."?
No, again, I ask for a question to be answered with solid evidence to back it up, since the two of you CANNOT supply this, you resort to your ususal childish behavior and smart-*** comments because you have nothing else to offer. NO first hand experience, NO data, NOTHING. Hap posted up, gave his input and respectfully moved on, I replied with an oppossing view, whats the problem?? Is this no longer a discussion forum?? I must have missed the memo where it said that this forum is only for those who agree with you and Dave. Get over yourself.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Like wise. I saw ZERO data from you. Just stories.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Why don't you just call Hoppen, MTM, or Lehman and ask?

Any of the above (but particularly MTM) should have hard data or know someone that does, which the members of this forum are unlikely to have but which you continue to demand. You said you asked before- why did you expect a different answer this time?

Besides, I'm all out of popcorn ;-)
Old 07-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Confused.

"I believe that is is un-necessary to replace the factory manifold up to power levels of 400+ chp"

So? I know people that believe in all kinds of things. Sure you can get 400 hp out the stock manifold...if your goal is simply power, but if you goal is longevity, need something that doesn't drastically change flow dynamics when the WG opens.

"I can give three examples of vehicles with the 034 manifold that were driven plenty hard and didn't burn valves..."

Because the 034 manifold is just like the stock manifold? Apples and oranges.

"I could also throw in a Motorgeek lister that runs endurance races with his AAN w/ stock manifold"

Again: so? Have him report after 20-30k on the stocker at those levels.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Overall EGT's are one thing, EGTs at each runner are different.

When you can get data on individual runners we might have something to talk about.

Quick Reply: SO, if stock manifold w/ bigger turbo burns valves, then......