Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

SOFTWARE FOR RS2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

<ul><li><a href="http://www.autronics.com/home.html">?</a></li></ul>
Old 05-06-2004, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default this autronic

<ul><li><a href="http://www.autronic.com/">http://www.autronic.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 05-06-2004, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I've kept quiet on this but, Everyone has an opinion.

But Autronic and Motec are extremely expensive. There is practically no support for it in the US. And finding people who have BTDT with Autronic on a 5 cyl motor is like finding Diamonds in your backyard. Its just not gonna happen.

034EFI is pretty much built around and for 5 cyl Audis. It comes preloaded with software for your 5 cylinder and the majority of people using it are using it on 5 cylinders so you don't have to invent the wheel for every little thing. Aside from those enormous reasons, the ECU itself is about on par with motoc and Autronic feature wise. What good is a top of the line Autronic ECU if you can't tune it? Don't even bother with Auto-tune.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I can vouch for the Pastore Software

I'm running a full RS2 setup with Bob's 370HP package. Driven lightly, it is smooth and progressive, when you put your foot in it, watchout!
The one thing to make sure before you do anything in terms of power mods is to make sure that everything else is in perfect working order, spend the time and (money) to make sure that the engine internals are strong (compression and leakdown base numbers), make sure that you have good plugs, connectors O2 sensor and a well cleaned isv and throttle body, make sure that your bpv has been vaccuum tested etc. and make absolutely sure you can stop when you need to.
my .02
Old 05-07-2004, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i'm confused

is this just like a chip you can buy from IA just more advanced or is this just a fuel regulator?!
Old 05-07-2004, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default there are plenty of people who can tune it. Have in on 3 cars here :p

yes its more expensive but i like the features it has.

The one thing i cant get any info on the o34 is if its plug and play if so then sign me the f up otherwise im going to wire in the autronics and the wideband and use auto tune all day long. Auto tune is meant to get you to the dyno to fine tune it not as a means to drive around.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I've kept quiet on this too since Cialowicz *discovered* the 034efi, but here goes...

He's recommending it as a *fix* for all kinds of stuff. For $1,650, you could buy an RS2 spec turbo, s/w, and a MAF.

I'm sure Fusilier could use the IIc(and a few other folks here), but it seems like it is for the experienced only. These guys have blown like 3 motors to date. Not for the faint of heart, or for the inexperienced. It isn't plug and play. You either have more or less unlimited access to a dyno AND a copilot that can program while you are running, or risk months of tuning.

My 2 cents says if you are sub-RS2, go that route first. It is so canned that there are like 4 or 5 pretty good s/w options, 4 or so basic turbo options, 2 injector options, 2 MAF options(you get the idea).

If you are already RS2 and want more, look at other options (Dahlback (more or less canned), ASW ala Hap (more or less canned), 034efi (NOT canned), etc).

If Javad wanted to sell a bunch of these he'd do well to get some plug and play stuff. The guy is obviouly bright. Seems like it is more of a hobby than serious business.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:05 AM

Default Re: I can vouch for the Pastore Software

thanks, major tune-up a year ago, RS2 turbo&amp;EM, Stromung 3" a month ago. Brakes are Bira System 3 (996 calipers 314x30). ,Just received Lehmann chip and Bosch 110 Sport BPV from Hoppen. Jo and Mike do not recommend RS2 MAF and injectors, but that seems conservative. What MPG are you getting with full RS2?
Old 05-07-2004, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes it is.

You can tune it as you drive. I don't think its any less tunable than autronic's auto-tune feature which just gets you in the ballpark to start off.

They're both equally good. I remember talking to the Autronic distributor in the US and getting constant warnings that they just sell the ECU and don't offer any tech support. Which was a nice way to say "Call Australia if you can't get it working, don't call me." So you want 3000 dollars and I don't get any support.. Screw that. Motec was the same way.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default As I stated earlier. If you have off-the shelf parts then go with off-the shelf ECU.

Thats a no brainer. Anyone with an AAN or 3B with RS2 parts has plenty of Software options.
There's tons of people who have BTDT with this setup.

If you start messing with the Compression ratio, displacement, turbos then you might want to consider standalone over a custom one-off tuned motronic. IMO, in the US right now, 034 is the best option.

Quick Reply: SOFTWARE FOR RS2?