Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

some accident from ABS my car turn 180 degree today.(long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some accident from ABS my car turn 180 degree today.(long)

The ABS light always on when I drive the car through the scar road.everytimes I'm just switch off and on the engine then the light is off.Today I feel like when I hit the brake til the car almost stop.I feel like there's some pulsing through the pedal(the pulsing is different from the bad bomb issue.) So I used the VAG-com to identify the sensor.it threw the rear right sensor faulty.so i cleaned the sensor with the contact cleaner after been using it for the ISV this early morning.So the problem was fixed.
but the brake pedal pulsing was still there.so
I decided to clean the front sensor and pulled the sensors back a bit (the mechanic said it's probably that the sensor is too sensitive when it's too closed to the CV rotor)after evrything finished i drove a car for 500metres.suddenly,my car was losing control and turn 180 degree on the road.So i brought the car to the roadside and checked all wheels there was nothing wrong.when i was back to the car and drove .I feel like the car was stucking with something.I tried to put the gear to neutral position and felt like the car was braking itself intermittently.

So til now i still wondering that why the ABS speed sensor can cause the car like this.I fixed this problem by pushing the sensor back a bit then the issue is gone.

Anyone can give me some explaination about this.it's sticking with my head.anyway,it's luckily that there's no car behind me.Thanks god for saving my life today.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My guess is EDL false triggering

My guess is that the one rear wheel speed sensor you pulled out to clean is sending the ABS/EDL control unit a speed of zero, so it is applying brakes to the opposite side rear wheel in order make the speeds the same. I would pull the ABS fuse and see if your issue goes away, but it sounds like the EDL (brake traction control) is mis-triggering.