Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Wastegate and Front bumper help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegate and Front bumper help

Hello everyone, I need some help. How do you remove the top of the wastegate? I took the bolts on the top off but its still stuck on there. Also I wanted to see if anyone had a write up or could just tell me how to easily remove the front bumper if thats possible. Thanks!

Craig
Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default bumper

Originally Posted by Ramathorn420
Hello everyone, I need some help. How do you remove the top of the wastegate? I took the bolts on the top off but its still stuck on there. Also I wanted to see if anyone had a write up or could just tell me how to easily remove the front bumper if thats possible. Thanks!

Craig
not sure about the wastegate cap check the archives. the front bumper can be removed pretty quick. take out the lower grill pieces and look under the top lip where the lower grills were and you will see one hole on each side of the bumper where you can access two allen head bolts that hold the aluminum beam to the bumper shocks not sure what size but remove those two bolts and the bumper slides right off
Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Waste Gate

Re-install three of the nuts (by hand, just a few threads). The cap is just stuck. Get something like a small jewellers flat blade screwdriver and wedge the tip in, between the cap and the wastegate. Try it in few spots, prying up. It will break loose and spring up against the nuts you re-installed. When it does, lean down on the cap and remove the nuts. Then gently release the pressure on the spring and let the cap come up, all under the palm of your hand. If you don't follow this procedure. It could release and WHAM, hit you square in the face.

You laugh. We had one forum member who did just that.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

thanks for your help guys! Got it all done, now i just need to figure out how to stop the bumper from hanging on the drivers side and get new spark plugs and tires today before I can see how she runs now. but thanks very much

Craig
Old 11-07-2009, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

oh one more thing if i could please get some help with. My left turn signal does not work, but it clicks really fast like when a light bulb is out. Im guessing its a relay but I don't know how to get in there without hurting anything, well i could but i wanted to see if any of you guys on here had and tips to getting in there easy?

thanks craig
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

AH, maybe the bulb is burned out? (Access is from the back of the turn signal housing, from inside the engine bay).
Old 11-07-2009, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Typically bumpers sag on the side because somebody has snagged the bumper on a parking curb and then backed up. The resulting torque on the clips on the body (under the ends of the bumper) *sometimes* breaks the clips. They can be replaced. Sometimes, you get lucky and just lift the sagging end of the bumper back up to its proper position and a good whack with the heel of your hand will snap it back into the body clip. Sometimes things are just broken, either on the bumper clip or the body clip.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you again urs4 boy! the bumper is all the way back on and lookin good except for the fact that the previous owner has done a ****ty *** bondo job on it and now it prob. needs to be replaced. It's not the bulbs cuz the hazords work. Sometimes it clicks fast like a bulb is out or it makes a really loud ERRRRR sound if that makes any sense. I think its a relay but i don't know how to get to it.

Thanks
Craig
Old 11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

How old is your ignition switch? Wierd stuff starts to happen when they start to go. Might be time to do some PM on it.