Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Well almost lost my drivers side door this AM..

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well almost lost my drivers side door this AM..

I swear..Subaru drivers should be outlawed. This guy was horrible. I got off the interstate (Hwy 36 to StorageTek) on to my back road to work (Louisville)..and there are two Subarus that I am in front of...both older Legacys (one station wagon the other Saloon) So not giving a care I am in the right lane and first the Saloon passes me...then the wagon..both doing about 15-20 over the speed limit. Well I still dont care as this is a 35 zone. The saloon drifts over in the right lane..and the wagon then starts to pass him..and this guy drifts back in the left lane blocking this guy..NO signal. <b>(BTW WTF w/ the lack of people using turn signals these days?!)</b> So this guy just rolls his eyes and passes this moron in the right lane. Now it is my turn.

Up ahead is a left turn double turn lane...no cars in sight and the light is green. The Saloon drifts in the left turn lane and at this point is doing around 55. I get in the right lane and just hope.
-1) This moron can make the turn
-2) He doesnt drift in my lane

Well the Audi w/ the HSRB (thx Hap!) just carves around this turn..not a peep of squeel in the tyres...but I get to about the apex of the turn and guess who comes within 18" of taking out my door?! You guessed it...Mr. "I can drive worth a $hit!" I swerve to the right to avoid him and punch it in 2nd gear to give him a taste of 400 WHP. Throw out my fist out the window and give him the "WTF" gesture..stay in your own lane arseh0le.

Anyways just another commute in Denver
Old 08-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Guru

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Heh.

"I swear to the right to avoid him and punch it"

Freudian slip? I thought he was on the left? Serve to the right, but swear to the left, I say. :-)
Old 08-19-2005, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Doh..(fixed) I did that too
Old 08-19-2005, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I definitely dislike driving in Boulder County, but you should see Colorado Springs.

It's hazardous to your health.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Must be a cousin to the people who drift inside on two lane off-ramps...

Daily occurance for me. I just expect it now, and when someone doesn't drift into my lane I actually think "wow, they're paying attention..."
Old 08-19-2005, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The humor in this post - is most Subie drivers buy them for the 'Safety' of AWD!!!

The 'Safety' aspect of learning to drive, somehow completely escapes them.

I agree - they are awful drivers.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:50 PM

Default I hear ya, had a run in with one myself today

I was following along behind one at speed on 84 east out of The Dalles in Oregon today with a semi being passed on our right. Well numb nuts Subie driver forgot to latch his Yakima space case on his roof rack and it popped open spilling clothes out in front of me.. I promptly run them over. Well he SLAMS on his brakes not paying attention that I'm behind him and slightly pulls over into the median gravel area. Well he decides that isn't a good idea and suddenly decides to pull back out into the fast lane - right into me whilst I'm doing about 60 now. He locks them up, I swerve as far right as I can and blow by him by inches. He then pulls off, opens doors and goes onto the freeway to retrieve his clothes. I don't know if he got Darwinianly selected at that point or not...

Chris
Old 08-20-2005, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where do you live?

I'm in Hood River, only know of one other UrS in the area (Parkdale), but I never see it on the road. Get in touch if you're passing through.