Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Besides right at the ECU...where under the "hood" of the car can you "T" for a boost gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is how I did it!!

Ok..here is what was suggested by ASW's Dave Jones.

From the A-Pillar I was able to run both the vacuum line and light wires down the side of the A-Pillar right next to the fuse box.

Vacuum Line:
- Is then routed UP to the relay box on the other side of the firewall...just remove the relay box cover and use a piece of wire to fish out the vacuum line by taping it to the wire and pulling out. You then T the vacuum line in to the line that is actually UNDER the black rain gutter...you will see it..let me know if you need pics. Dave actually provided me w/ some of the braided Audi hose to splice on to the Auto Meter plastic line to extend it to the T. Only thing you need to do is to Dremel a small slot in your Relay box to permit the line from getting pinched w/ the cover...(which by the way had a crack in it thus the "Wet Feet" Post from S-Cars mailing list. This method does not require you to punch or drill ANY holes in the FW

- Lighting...just splice in to the 3rd from the right circuit as you lie on your back looking up towards the steering column...power goes to this circuit w/ your lights.
- Ground to fuse box bolt.

Let me know if you guys want to see pics..but I need to go to bed.