Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Bob Myers's Chip-Ur-S MRC software website is finally back up and running

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Bob Myers's Chip-Ur-S MRC software website is finally back up and running

Bob just emailed me with the news. I said that I would pass it along. Link is below.

Eric P: note the comment about the MAF and the injectors, i.e. OE UrS MAFs are electrically the same as an RS2 MAF (Also note that I didn't say they flow the same).<ul><li><a href="http://www.chips-ur-s.com/">http://www.chips-ur-s.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 12-28-2007, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks. Did you notice...

...that they provide a chipset that accomodates a FMIC?

That might pick up a few extra ponies.

So. The RS2 MAF flows more. Which implies to me that boost should theoretically build quicker.

In the RS2 application, this sounds like a positive, rather than a negative. But I guess I could get away without the RS2 MAF to start with, then jam in an RS2 MAF later, if the mood (and wallet) strikes.

AND, the very fact that they actually have 92 R+M/2 fueling chips means that I can actually run a chipset for the gas we have here. And maybe add a little of the toluene in the summer to prevent pinging @WOT.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseam but....

would you chip a car (stage 2) that has not had prior brake and suspension upgrades?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, it's been discussed some...

...but not enough, really.

Suspension? The stock suspension is probably good enough for chipping -&gt; 280HP.

The brakes aren't. While the brakes are acceptable for around-town driving, once you start using them in a spirited fashion, they begin to fade. Badly. So, add chip, plus the reason you added a chip in the first place, and all of a sudden you have more motor than brakes.

In the dawn of time, the upgrade path went like this:

1.) Driver. Get some training, and learn how to use what the car came with.

2.) Brakes.

3.) Suspension.

4.) HP.

Most folks seem to want to go in the opposite direction.

My choice was to stop at RS2 (350-380HP) and at OEM suspension. OEM for 1992, with the lowest, stiffest springs to be had for this car in North America, from Audi at least. But I don't plan on taking this car to the track.

For dollars spent, the HID lights are the best mod I've done to my car. The stock lighting sux. Next is the chip. 50 HP for well under $500.

For sheer change in how the vehicle acts, the BBK is the best money I've spent. Those brakes just flat kick ***. Time after time, too. No fade, feels the same each and every pedal press. I lubs dem.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Well, it's been discussed some...

I'll be attending my first DE in may (crosses fingers). I absolutely agree with the steps you have laid out there. I have many times said that if you cant go fast with 90hp then more will only hurt you. Brakes will be the first real upgrade I do. I am happy with most of the stock bits most of the time.... but every now and then I want more.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Thanks. Did you notice...

RS2 MAF and 'stock' S car MAF are the same.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No, they are NOT the same.

STFA for how and why.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dude: Seriously, you need to pay attention. They are NOT the same. I just posted photos and graphs

last week or so. They are electrically very similar but they do NOT flow the same in stock form.

Search down in this page or page 2. Its only a few posts away.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default For the STFA impaired.

Follow this thread and then come back and tell us that the RS2 MAF and the OE stock UrS4/S6 are the same.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/203180.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/203180.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 12-29-2007, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: For the STFA impaired.

I'm not telling you Bob Myers and MRC are telling you.
read the site
"Commonly a specific RS2 Mass Air Flow detector is used for RS2 mods. We have determined that, though the labeling indicates a difference between the RS2 MAF and the stock AAN MAF, electrically they are identical and therefore a special RS2 MAF is unnecessary."

Quick Reply: Bob Myers's Chip-Ur-S MRC software website is finally back up and running