Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Coil Solution Confusion (csc)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the honda stick coil fix?

I just purchased one oem coil to fix my hesitation under load.
Paid $120 for one coil.
Please give me detail on the lower cost option.

MWP
Old 01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TeamO
My Urs6 is fixed. It was a coil. Thanks for all the diagnosis info. I went with the Honda stick coils fix. I know some of you won't like it on GP but it works well so far. I'm no purest so the frankinfix is cool with me if it works. The spark I get matches the best oe coil I had in color and length of gap jumped. They are two wire so the install was very easy and the cover fits. Performance feels the same as stock. It pulls hard all the way to red line. The best part is the cost 7 coils under $100 with wire connectors shipped. I still have the pos problem that could arise but new on ebay they are $70 or so and even less if you want to shop like that. One of mine is less than a year old so I'll buy one and reheat-sink them and keep the old one as a spare. Now the reliability test is on.
I am having the same problem!!! You just ordered 7 for $100 wow!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been using the coils from an Audi S6 2007 5.2l red tops. $15.12 at genuinevwaudiparts.com $82.22 plus the Apikol coil harness i bought used. but even new would be just $359.00 for the kit with 2.0 coils and if they go south you can upgrade to the 5.2 coils = 441.22 cheaper that the LS2 concidering you would have 10 coils plus harness? JMHO
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update: The honda coils didn't last long and not sure why. Maybe I got bad coils from ebay. They worked well for a while. They could have been damaged by overheating. I found a coolant leak in a plastic t for a sensor on the heater hose exiting the head. It seems I was losing coolant down to that point in the head fairly quickly. The car never got hot. At the same time it was consuming a quart of mobile 1 every 1500 miles. I think the top of the head valves and cams were vaporizing the oil.This would mean the coils would have been in a very harsh environment so it is hard to say what happened. Too may issues to be a good test of the cbr1000 coils reliability. I fixed the coolant leak and the oil consumption stopped. I then developed the overheating theory. I found a used apikol harness and coils. It's better but still has a very slight miss/hesitation at times. I suspect a boost leak on the I.C. plastic end caps. My cam senor just died so I'm hoping it was some how part of the problem and will be fixed with the new sensor. I don't have a theory on how the cps could be a part of a miss. I think the cam sensor is in play only during cranking and then the crank sensor takes over after it starts so it might be wishful thinking. It does explain my engine light coming on for a flash every now and then. Once I get this thing solid and issue free I'll test the honda coils again and post the results. Anyone try them yet?