Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Home grown exhaust, Euro headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now this is going to be funny to some and not so to others...duh. First of all, since my original post, I'm divorced, out of work, (both kids made it into college and are there now...wife relocated to Atlanta 2 yrs ago...) and my Allroad decided to eat one of its turbo's...as such, NO money to do anything to the S-6, so...it's still a Stealths6. After my experience with the AR, I agree about the downpipe--upgraded the AR to K04's, (overspun a Ko3 due to bad diverter) and then gutted the downpipes. With the MTM chip, and tip chip, new turbo's, the car is an absolute rocket and as such has become totally unreliable. NOTHING related to the upgrades, w/exception of tranny which is now schizo at times...ratchets around as it downshift...shifts twice once it hits 3rd...good thing I have the warranty...
I still have the vibration--on the 5th set of wheels and tires from Butler in Atlanta who also did the on car balance which gavee the car a smoothness it had never had...for a while, then after about 15,k it sets in again.
I'm thinking of selling this car now...got it back as part of the settlement and she bought a new Tiguan and loves it...
I am shocked at how fast this thing is now though...
Back to the S-6...still a stock AAN. Will go to the archives. Both kids learned on this car, and at 130,k I am still on original clutch. Upgraded to the 1.8T coil packs. Still have a vacuumish like surge which is intermittant. Thinking MAF sensor--it's very subtle and temp dependent. I still have the bomb issue, replaced and still have the mega-hard petal. Don't have the money to replace brake booster. So...I have a nice big right calf--guess I better learn to left foot brake.
Went with the Euro-lenses only through Blau--they are an improvement, but if I keep with go HID. Still have the chipset and never put in--thought twice about the kid, (boy) and orig clutch.
Exhaust? Downpipe? Still also have the RS-2 manifold--any improvements in turbos in last two yrs for this car? I recently drove a Subie STI and was SHOCKED at how bloody fast it is compared to my Avant. I realize there is a weight diff, but OMG, was it fast.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sti's are quick, but feel like riding in a tin can made of recycled bottle caps. And the new wrx sedan, talk about butt freakin ugly, looks like it was designed by the same guys as the Saturn Ion. yuck.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It didn't get me into any trouble :shrugs: