Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Insurance company to settle with me early next week i hope !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance company to settle with me early next week i hope !!!

well after telling my original rep to f herself with both her fists they gave me a new rep. My new rep well SHE HAS A GODDAM BRAIN! can you believe it the car was stolen in august!!! So then she goes how the hell did they come at you with a offer for 10,800 when your car books for 11,7 and you have a **** ton of receipts. I almost cried at her intelligence and non bull**** line! She goes my fiance is big into hotrods ill run all this stuff by him and see what he feels would be fair. Well she just called me today and said all my recipts checked out from the shops and that i should be expecting nearly double the first lame offer they made me WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO. bout goddam time. oh ya it helps to have read up on every single law that applies and then bitcing about having to get a laywer to sue for triple the damages and time etc etc
Old 12-10-2004, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default question about receipts......

I'm just curious, did you buy any of your aftermarket parts from individuals, rather than businesses? If so, how did you prove the value of the parts?
Old 12-10-2004, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default if you buy the parts from individuals and the receipts were in their names you only get a smaller

percentage. If you bought them used with no receipts your kinda screwed. You can i guess get the part numbers off them and look them up and show the insurance company that way. But hell they were trying to tell me my 6k dollar 6 speed tranny clutch and job wasnt ground for a payback on that i had to bust ***** to get someone to finally talk to me realistically
Old 12-10-2004, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Insurance company to settle with me early next week i hope !!!

So let me get this straight... you're now expecting to get more than 20k for your settlement?

If that is the case, buy a lottery ticket immediately because you are the luckiest guy alive.

Not trying to rain on your parade here but 'technically' the insurance company does not need to take your modifications into account unless you had disclosed them in your original policy and had some sort of agreed value policy. If you insured your car as a basic '94 S4 then their settlement is going to be based off of other standard 94 S4 sales. Yes, they will take into account the condition of your car and some upgrades (to some extent) although mostly out of good will.

Bottom line is if you dump massive amount of money into your car don't expect to get it back in the even your car is totalled or stolen... UNLESS to purchase an agreed value policy (even then it will take depreciation into account)

Keep us posted... sounds like you may end up smelling like roses. ;-)
Old 12-10-2004, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default actually yes they do hence why i told them the vehicle worth etc etc at time of

putting the vehicle on the road anything you have bolted to the car (car was found almost fully intact)and can prove on my policy = covered **** they have to pay for some labor as well. mass state law byatch