Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

just installed my 034efi kit after running on 4 cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed my 034efi kit after running on 4 cylinders

I must report that there doesn't appear to be any problems with the car after running on 4 cylinders for a week. I had a POS failure, and I unplugged the fuel injector from the bad cylinder. So, essentially, I was running without any fuel or spark at that cylinder. I figured it wouldn't do much harm to 'pump air' for a couple days. The car felt MUCH smoother at higher RPM's, I'm assuming this was because there was enough extra energy in the crankshaft that it didn't need the extra 'push' each revolution to make it around. I also noticed that everything felt smoother when I was on boost, which I believe is because the compressed air helped push the dead cylinder up better than the normal non-boost air.

So, although I can NOT recommend it, my car has survived a 4-cylinder week without any apparent problems. Feels smooth, no weird noises, etc.

The 034 kit installed quickly and easily, with most of the work trying to remember how to put the connector back to the stock location after my previous POS repair last year. Those little pins are a pain in the *** to get out - remember folks, they clip into the SIDE of the slot, against all intuitive guesswork. Car runs great now, and I think I got the last of the "r" version coilpacks that 034 will ship, as their website now shows that they're only supplying the harnesses.

w00t.