Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Lets talk insurance.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets talk insurance.....

Do you have full coverage, just liability, or someting in between? and how much are you paying?

and... I am looking at switching my insurance co. to my girlfriends because we are buying a house and the more we carry with one company the better the rates become. I had an accident a year and a half ago, there is no police record but I did put a claim into my insurance co. It would seem that the 'right' thing to do would be to inform the new company of this, but I know it will affect my rate.
What happens if I don't tell them? do they find out anyway?

The best rate happens with a $750 deductible. Does that sound reasonable to you? I think it does considering the car. if it were a honda I think I would put the deductible at $500 simply because they are less expensive to fix should there be a mishap. the premium jumps significantly if i put the deductible at $500.

Input?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Liability, middle to upper limits, around $500 a year

i have a few tickets, through USAA.

It's around the same for my bike (800cc) for full coverage, with a $500 deductible, through Progressive.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Although I would suggest that one would be insane to forego "Uninsured Motorists" these days
Old 11-28-2007, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

agreed, i have it
Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It doesn't matter if there is a police report

there is a reporting thing for insurance companies so people don't jump and lie to get a lower rate with a different company. They will know about the claim since it happened within the last 3 years.

So yes, might as well be honest.

I think I have a $750 deductible on mine. Since the car was initially financed I have the insurance required by the credit union, so it is pretty much average coverage rates. We are homeowners and multi vehicle household so we get discounts here and there, and we are both over 25...not that it matters for the woman.

For the UrS, the 2006 Passat and my 1977 IHC Scout II we pay about $1K per year. The Scout is like 20% and the two cars are each about 40%.

The lower the deductible the higher the cost of insurance. Most folks who aren't in debt over their head with CC's can probably come up with $1K cash if need be for a repair or float it for a month on a CC. So a $750 - $1K deductible isn't bad if you can afford it in the case of you maing a mistake or uninsured motorist claim.

In all honesty, there are insurance brokers out there. They will help you find the best coverage and rate to meet your needs. Easier than dealing with the insurance companies directly. They take all your info, put it out there for the insurance companies to come back with their offer and then they say, well here are the rates, pick one.

We ended up using progressive drive insurance. So far so good with about 2 years of service. It was cheaper shopping around and having the Auto policies separate from the homeowners.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Here is some insurace info

1. Insurance companies do share information
2. Combining auto and home insurance will cut premium costs.
3. There are driver's license points and insurance points, if you're claim was listed as
an "at fault" claim it would effect your rates.
4. if you have an otherwise good record than check out the rates from insurers that specialize in safe drivers. As an example my insurance is through Ameriprise, every year I audit my insurance with all the companies have their rates are always the best. With that being said rates very by state so Ameriprise might not be the best rates for you in your area.

Also I am affiliatted with Ameriprise but have no interest on where you purchase insurance.

If you want to get a quote from Ameriprise, you
can do it online at Ameriprise.com or by calling
(800) 535-2001

HTH
Chris<ul><li><a href="https://www14.ameriprise.com/AutoQuoteWebInter/AQFrontServlet?request_type=un_auth_init&amp;RefID =11m-ad">Ameriprise quote short cut</a></li></ul>
Old 11-29-2007, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

&lt;nod&gt; It's smart. Lot of illegals run without. Just ask my last Avant at the scrapyard.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow. Ameriprise is NOT a deal for me. 40% higher than Progressive

And that is with $250/$500 deductable vs. the $100/$250 I have now. I'll stick w/ what I have thank you.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

thanks for the inputs guys.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Amazing difference, location does count...Progressive was much more expensive for me!

It would be interesting to compare rate for everyone here around the country and see how
much location factors into the rates..

Quick Reply: Lets talk insurance.....