Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Mance Preloading Strut Brace Last Chance...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any preloading bar yes, but again show me a bolt-on unit of this quality for an S4/6...

and of course it can be applied to any preloading bar for any model. That is what a preloading bar does. Again show the cheaper and better option which is of the same quality that bolts-on to an S4/6. That is all I ask if you are going to have poor things to say about a tested and well built product.

Cheers,
Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the product is good, but it could have done for less is all i'm saying

did the maker test the torsional stiffness of this bar?
Old 06-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Former Vendor

Default Again what it comes down to is the manufacturer chose higher quality parts...

that cost more than lower quality. The stainless hardware, the stainless plates and so forth. It was a product designed with strength and abuse in mind.

Yes all Mance's products are tested extensively before we even come close to reselling them. This bar was actually tested against his original as this bar was made shorter and thinner, updated from the last design.

It may possibly be buildable for less DIY, but this is not DIY, this is a package with high quality parts with a purpose. It's easy to argue that something can be done for less, but there is nothing I have seen yet on an S4/6 of similar quality that is bolt-on, even DIY actually and as Hap states these cars show a fair amount of strut tower deflection. This bar's purpose is to lessen and eliminate these forces as much as possible, while also being something you can install in literally 10 minutes, no footwork to find the right bolts, right stock, CNC work, proper right and left hand threading, proper right and left hand threaded ends, making thick stainless plates (which by the way is a bear on drilling equipment) and so forth. If the ends used are overkill that is an argument for science and not conjecture. Again show the preloading bar or the easily bolt-on parts that are of the same quality and will do the same job.

Again I trust Mance, considering the products he has done for us before and the fact that he primarily develops these parts for use on his own cars I trust him even more.

Cheers,
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You seem very attainment about this bar. Make one for less and profit off it or STFU.

An remember this bar didn't just make it self, there has been plenty of hours of R&R that went into it, revisions after the initial build as well.

Your financial status is not he same as everyone else's. You modding budget seems to be less then others who are willing to spend more to get custom parts for these rare cars.

Are you saying this kit is overpriced by, $100, $200? Make a custom CNC'ed bar that will mount out and perform just as good, price it at a point where it's worth it to make a profit for a business and come back here. You're acting like a very annoying little fly, all buzz, but never landing anywhere for me to swat at. Show us a product or <b>STFU</b>.

Remember, the people selling these products are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, they are doing to to put food in their mouths.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor

Default These parts are specialty parts produced in relatively small numbers...

so of course pricing is going to reflect that. I have held the Happersized bar in my hands finally and I am impressed with the quality of the product. Now if it can be done for less in little quantity then please do it and let the community know how to. That isn't meant to be offensive, but much of the talk is based around cost. Neither myself, Mance or I imagine Hap is trying to make a large dime on these parts. I rely on Mance to produce these and actually he generally sets the MSRP. The pricing is set by cost and I imagine Hap's bar is a very similar story.

Instead of talking about it produce something for us to see or understand why/how it can be done for less, then it's a true asset to the community, pointing out that something is overbuilt or too costly doesn't help the community unless there is another option that is less costly that is easily obtained, installed and is as equally effective.

Cheers,
Old 06-28-2005, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

dont hate until youve driven with one on your car.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default look dude, you have a really particular way of getting your point across

everyone speaks from experience and my experience has been with Subarus. Apparently I under-estimated the available of aftermarket parts for this model S4. In all my experience, the best Japanese made swaybar is $180 and strut bars are about $150 for aluminum and $250 for Carbon Fiber.

You are correct my modding budget is less, but I can still afford to get custom parts because i'm willing to spend my own time rather than paying for someone elses.

The problem here is that you're asking me to produce a similar product or shutup, but there is no publicly available, quantitative data about this Mance-made bar. So I could make a bar for less and say it's the same, but who would ever know.

Also in my experience, enthusiasts making parts custom parts usually have done it out of the goodness of their heart and spirit for the community. I have made custom parts for people in large volume as well. I made caliper brackets that mate STI brembo rear brakes onto the smaller WRX hubs and i charged $250 when the competition was charging $600. I only paid about $40 per pair and it wasn't that important how much I made because I had a regular job, i'm still a student, and I just like doing this stuff to help people out. Much like Carl (Turbo_Anarchy)
Old 06-28-2005, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Alex you are right and I'm going to look into a cheaper swaybar option

not to undercut Hap, but allow people without $420 to be able to experience the same benefits.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

can you provide a link or reference to some of the other products he's made?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor

There are many, I'm not going to get into this any further than it's gone

Quick Reply: Mance Preloading Strut Brace Last Chance...