Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

My poor Avus........

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My poor Avus........

Boy do I love coming home only to find the perfect set of Avus w/ snows that I donated to my wifes C5 A6 for the winter has been curbed to hell.

Honestly, do women have some special talent for this??????

Only 48 hours away from taking them off for the season too. Dammit!!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I feel your pain. (Still working on the Echo/Yaris front spoiler issue)

Just be wise and suck it up. Don't make a big deal of it. They have memories and it will come back to haunt you.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 2 stiff Jacks and I'm better.........besides she's the one to is telling me to finish my project....

not many wifes are as cool that I know of but I will have to ask her to get some new glasses. Her depth perception must be way off. Luckily it was only the front passenger wheel. Somehow the rear escaped.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default They must...

Last spring my wife completely cracked a 17" Volvo Volans rim on an 850 R. She hit a HUGE pot hole on the side of the road. Yes, the side. Fortunately I had an extra, because these are big bucks. The Volvo is currently for sale as we have gone all Audi.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Commiserating with you...I walk by my wifes S6 Avant the other day and notice a dent in her fender..

I say, honey someone hit your car. Oh no she says, I hit a pole. I was like wth, I just had that fender repainted for you because it was rock chipped up, She says, oh I did'nt notice. But she is a super person who has always been supportive of car projects no matter how much stupid amounts of time and money I put into them. Oh well, whatcha gonna do.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default u just pray that damages always stay limited to curbed wheels & small dings/dents. I could only

hope to find a girl as cool as Steph & all the other wives regarding our car-addiction.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Story of my life, a customer hit my sedan here at the shop last week and took off.

Fortunately another customer saw him hit my car so I called the guy and asked him to come back, sure enough the damage matched up. Got an estimate for a $1000.00 bucks for a scratch in the door and rr quarter. Well at least most of that side of my car will get a new paint job. =)
Thanks for the kind words about Stephy bud.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LOL. I showed this to my wife and she almost made a reply that would get me banned from AW
Old 04-11-2008, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Your wife is SOOOOO nice.

And she put up with your dumb ***! She should get style points for that right there.

Just ribbin' ya.

When my wife first pulled over a curb and popped the bumper cover off on the Mean Green Machine, I was pissed off, and it took me a week to finally get it fixed.

Then I told her how much a bumper cover costs for the S6. She doesn't come anywhere near the curbs now. I also told her the wheels on the S6 cost $400 each, and that racking them up on the curb would cost a lot to fix/replace. She keeps a good distance away.

Normally, she is really good about keeping the car away from stuff that will damage it. So, I have no complaints. Even if she did, it's only a car. And it's only money to fix the problem.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, my wife yelled at me when I curbed one of her wheels

It was so minor I didn't even realize I did it. The C5 S6 has much wider flares than the C4. She noticed it when we were washing the car and ripped into me a bit because she knew she hadn't done it and she was in the car when I clipped an apex a little too tight. I figured only the tire rubbed, but the C5 Avus spokes are actually proud of the lip of the rim. Dumb design IMO. Would have been all tire w/ my wheels. I had to own up.

She's very proud of her car and takes exceptional care of it. She also tollerates my addiction to cars very well too. She's a keeper!

Quick Reply: My poor Avus........