Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Parts needed for head gasket replacment???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts needed for head gasket replacment???

Well, unfortunately i got the bad news the other day. I was wondering why I was seeing a unusual amount of white smoke upon start-up. my Audi mechanic(Highlander on motorgeek) confirmed it. He pulled the spark plugs and they were steam cleaned. Cylinders 3 and 4 had steam coming out of them. A new form of hybrid, steam power.LOL. not really.... My head gasket was blown. bummer.... I was wondering why I couldn't find the coolant leak. So I started ordering all the parts needed to have the head gasket replaced. I was wondering if anyone can guide me on the parts required to do the job. I am aware i have to send the head out to the local machine shop for planing, to get a nice gasket surface. So far I have ordered: head gasket, valve cover gasket, intake and exhaust gaskets(half of it's missing from old age), turbo inlet and outlet(both leaking causing misfire under load), waste-gate gasket. head bolts(OEM spec), and that's it so far. Am I missing something? I still have to order exhaust manifold nuts. Does anyone know what size they are? Thank you for all your responses in advance.
Regards Erik
Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the online sellers have a headgasket kit that contains all the required gaskets at a much better price than individual parts. The M8 shouldered exhaust manifold lock nuts are N902 002 01 and will be about $2 ea. : ( I wouldn't consider replacing the head without lapping the valves and replacing the seals. Unless there is damage you shouldn't need more work, but you or your mechanic will be the one looking at it.

You will also need new headbolts.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer news! But we can help with Genuine Audi parts for your head gasket project. We can make sure you get everything you will need to replace it from start to finish.
Good luck!