Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

S4 on ebay, do not buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 on ebay, do not buy

There was a 94 Audi S4 for sale on ebay. It is a "custom" gray color though I don't see it on there now. Seller ID is psd13. I really hope nobody on here bought it. I won it on ebay, the guy would not send me more pictures.

Stupidly I flew out to Rhode Island with cash in hand, since the seller refused to accept a cashiers check. Upon arrival in RI, the seller tried to rush me along, told me how he's been waiting all day.... sorry I was coming from VA?? I mean really. So when we pull up to the vehicle, it does not look like it did in pictures, paint looked awful though he claimed it was a $1500 job. He claimed every single thing worked in the car, power door locks did not work for 1 thing. He tried to tell me he was busy and wanted to sign papers quickly, I asked to drive it, he said I could after buying it. I told him I wasn't going to buy a car without driving it and after saying "you know what, I don't think im going to buy then" he decided "fine, I'll let you drive it".

At that point I had no interest in handing $5k over this total a hole who obviously was trying to just rip someone off. I apologized for wasting his time, even though I wasted almost 24 hours flying out to RI, and renting a car to drive back to VA. I'm out $450 all because I was dumb and trusted this kids word. He has no interest in being a true enthusiast, hes out for his own gain, and to top it off told me to get the F out of there after my apology to him. He then sent me a nasty PM on Vwvortex/fortitude saying F you, among other nice things, and saying he was glad I was out $450. At no point was I ever rude to him and on ebay he left me feedback calling me shady. He took me to some back alley in RI where the car was, didnt want me to look the car over thoroughly, didnt want me to drive it, and yet I was the shady one.....

I really hope people on here watch out for this one, even if the car is everything the guy says it is, which it isnt.... they should not buy based on this seller alone.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

man that sucks dude. i just got ripped off on some bunk MRC "software" from some ****** named Joe and his fake company called Digital Motorsports, Inc. obviously not as a big of a deal as trying to buy a car, but there are so many pieces of **** out there. you should have smashed out one of the windows on the car just for his wasting your time!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm sorry you went through that.

I truly hate scum like that, and would not be opposed to you posting his vortex/fortitude username.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I say "out" the ***** and give his username. Wouldn't you have appreciated the heads up if someone warned you before your visit?

Nevermind, the posting with username can easily be found on the vwVortex S6/S4 FS page.

Harold on vwVortex.

Last edited by silbergti; 10-20-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

PMD20V

Wow, I so rarely go to that part of vortex...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by silbergti
I say "out" the ***** and give his username. Wouldn't you have appreciated the heads up if someone warned you before your visit?

Nevermind, the posting with username can easily be found on the vwVortex S6/S4 FS page.

Harold on vwVortex.
I agree. These scumbags MUST be stopped!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default ...

I saw that car listed....looked pretty good from the eBay ad. I read some of the seller's responses to you over on VWVortex...sounds like a grade-A a$$hole for sure. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing.

I live in the DC area and am familiar with most of the S-cars around here.

There's one on Craigslist in DC for a reasonable $5500 with 101k miles. I posted it on Qworld but here it is again here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...423756395.html I know nothing about the seller or the car but I'm happy to look at it if you want.

Just an FYI: $1500 wouldn't get that seller too far in a paintjob. One of my S-cars was previously painted with a $3K+ job before I got it and I've got a lot of work to do to remedy the poorly done aspects of it.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zsmithdc
Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing.

I live in the DC area and am familiar with most of the S-cars around here.

There's one on Craigslist in DC for a reasonable $5500 with 101k miles. I posted it on Qworld but here it is again here: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...423756395.html I know nothing about the seller or the car but I'm happy to look at it if you want.

Just an FYI: $1500 wouldn't get that seller too far in a paintjob. One of my S-cars was previously painted with a $3K+ job before I got it and I've got a lot of work to do to remedy the poorly done aspects of it.

I actually looked into getting that green S6. I ran an autocheck on it, says it was in a front end accident. I called the seller about it, seemed like a nice enough guy, but he was a dealer and I didn't know anything about that guy, so I passed on that one. After getting the run around from PMD20V, he said his name was Phil Drukker, I'm kind of weary buying a car from anyone now. I'm sure when the right one comes around I'll know it.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Good to know, and here I was thinking it was a deal. There's always a story!

Originally Posted by TonyH215
I actually looked into getting that green S6. I ran an autocheck on it, says it was in a front end accident. I called the seller about it, seemed like a nice enough guy, but he was a dealer and I didn't know anything about that guy, so I passed on that one. After getting the run around from PMD20V, he said his name was Phil Drukker, I'm kind of weary buying a car from anyone now. I'm sure when the right one comes around I'll know it.
NT

Quick Reply: S4 on ebay, do not buy