Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding Ticket

Hey, I know this is kinda off topic but I was driving my s4 when i got my ticket so it relates somehow. Anyway I got a ticket for going 68 mph in a 25 mph zone. I am 16 and I have no points on my licesnce yet. I live in Ohio but I'm not sure what the law is. If anyone knows Ohio speeding ticket laws could you please let me know what i should look forward to, I go to court on Feb. 12. I am just really hoping I don't get my liscence suspended.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:43 AM

68 in a 25? You better don your flame suit...
Old 01-27-2004, 08:53 AM

Default sell your car

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's probably going to be charged as a reckless driving offense. If you were in a residential or school area, you might as well hand over your keys. If not, you'll probably be able to keep your license, but your insurance is going to be crazzzzzy expensive. Good luck, man.

ps what were you doing? just curious
Old 01-27-2004, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Your Fcuked!!!! your license will be yanked more than likely... Good job youngin'
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Bend over and brace for entry by the long "arm" of the law
Old 01-27-2004, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you want to keep your license, make sure you fight it.

What does it say on the ticket? Just a speeding infraction, or a civil charge of driving to endanger as well? FYI, the cop probably had the option of checking off the criminal version of driving to endanger.

Were you polite to him? If you fight it, you may be able to get it reduced to below 50 mph... less than twice the limit. I'm sure if you paid for a good lawyer (could be a few grand), you could definitely make that happen.

Wait a week or so to give the police a chance to give their version of the story to the prosecutor. Then, go to the police station and get radar calibration records for that gun. They shoud have them there. You may need to fill out a form and wait a bit to recieve them.

What were the other circumstances?

1) You need to slow down.
2) This will be expensive.

-Mike.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:11 AM

This is why 16 year olds shouldnt be trusted with such a beautiful machine
Old 01-27-2004, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Why the hell were you going that fast in a 25?! Are you retarded?

Speed on the highway in safe conditions...DONT SPEED in peoples neighborhoods or around schools or parks! I F'n hate people who have not respect for these locations!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Maybe a little advise...

But before I offer any help, I must say that going that fast in a residential zone is stupid, but we all have our retard moments so just try to be cool from now on...

Now, Mike's advice is right on. He probably has had a few tickets because there is a certain process you want to follow and it's best learned by experience. If you do go the lawyer route, which you probably want to, bring up the idea that the officer should have handed you a misdemeanor. How can he right up a ticket for more than double the limit like it is a 10 over. The court is going to want to make an example of you (another reason for the lawyer) but they are not going to want to draw attention to you just getting a ticket. They will make it sound like they are doing you a favor, but then contradict themselves with the penalties as if you received the full citation at the time of the incident. But because the cop only gave you a 68 in 25 ticket, you have room for a defense. My comments here and Mike's advise should be dialog between you and your lawyer, and right now in all preliminary and arraigning processes, you make sure you enter that you are not guilty. Make the cop prove that you were doing 65. They would rather opt to reducing the charge and that is the direction you want to take, to make a deal...
Old 01-27-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: 68 in a 25? You better don your flame suit...

It wasn't a residential area there's this place called indian hill and in most cities this road would have been at least a 45 zone. The policeman didn't even shoot radar at me, he was following me but it was dark and i obviously didn't realize it was a cop until the blue lights were flashing. He just marked it as a speeding violation nothing criminal or anything and when i was talking to the cop he didn't even make it sound like a big deal. I was just having a little fun on some back roads and there were absolutely no other cars on the road and the roads were clear and dry.

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket