Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

transmisson CRACKED !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ughhhh thanks for all the info guys, i just talked with my uncle and he said the same thing that we can try and weld it but if we weld it in the one spot, then i will crack right next to it, i guess the best approach would be to do how advancedautomotion stated and so forth, and i had a feeling that it was probably from the b5 s4 presure plate and flywheel and cltuch being to thick, when putting it on soemthing didnt seem right, but yet i really didnt know since this was the first time doing this, and possibly thought i was doing something wrong, i guess my best bet now is to try and have them weld it in the best possible way, so it can last alittle and not crack anymore....
Old 05-14-2009, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

So Eric, a couple of things. How bad is the crack? By the look of advancedautomotions post the B5 S4 flywheel doesn't have the G4 pickup that
UrS4boy was referring to in an earlier post.https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=23784943. If you want to go with this tranny you will need to use your old flywheel or if it's in too bad a shape renew. Now you have options for your clutch. You must research your components for compliance in order to reduce your headache/aggravation factor. It's nice when things go together as they should. It's a shame you have to go through this, but count it as character building. If you're wise source out your information from multiple sources. It's "work" but if something conflicts then you must pay attention to it and dig deep to get to the truth. Even the most well meaning people have lapses which may cause you grief. As far as the crack, it can be welded. If you really want to push your car hard, then perhaps a new case. Really depends on the crack. Get your car back on the road where it belongs.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mchaloux
So Eric, a couple of things. How bad is the crack? By the look of advancedautomotions post the B5 S4 flywheel doesn't have the G4 pickup that
UrS4boy was referring to in an earlier post.https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=23784943. If you want to go with this tranny you will need to use your old flywheel or if it's in too bad a shape renew. Now you have options for your clutch. You must research your components for compliance in order to reduce your headache/aggravation factor. It's nice when things go together as they should. It's a shame you have to go through this, but count it as character building. If you're wise source out your information from multiple sources. It's "work" but if something conflicts then you must pay attention to it and dig deep to get to the truth. Even the most well meaning people have lapses which may cause you grief. As far as the crack, it can be welded. If you really want to push your car hard, then perhaps a new case. Really depends on the crack. Get your car back on the road where it belongs.
yeah i understand that i was impatient did all the research and the only thing i didnt research was the clutch flywheel and pressure plate and just assumed that they would fit because they went right on, but hey now i know for the future, and im going to be looking at big power next spring but for now i would like to use this tranny, and i think my uncle is going to take a shot at it they were going at the same approach as advancedautomotion, so we will see what will happen from that, only factor my uncles says that due to the heat and everything welding the crack, will cause stress and disfiguration to the metals around it and possibly cause it to crack again around it...and trust me i miss my aan on the road