Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Any particular reason this forum seems completely dead?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2024, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Any particular reason this forum seems completely dead?

I realize that the Q4 e-tron has not been around as long as the Q8 e-tron, VW ID.4, etc. but I would think that there are enough Q4's around to warrant more enthusiasm and interest. I know you can't do powertrain mods to EVs but surely there's got to be more interest than what this forum shows.

Has anyone taken delivery of a 2024 55 model and can comment on improvements made to the drivetrain?
Old 05-18-2024, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

It's not a particularly popular EV, and is certainly not drawing in enthusiasts in significant numbers.

I think I was more excited to get mine than I have been while owning it. It's "fine" but it's basically just a commute pod with very mediocre software that hurts the ownership experience. That doesn't lead to wanting to engage much on forums, for me at least.

there's more Q4 traffic over at e-tronforum but I wouldn't call it busy either 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by grue; 05-18-2024 at 03:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
davjo68 (05-18-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by grue
It's "fine" but it's basically just a commute pod with very mediocre software that hurts the ownership experience. That doesn't lead to wanting to engage much on forums, for me at least.
What aspects of the software are mediocre, EV-specific stuff or general things like the myAudi app? The only issue I have had in 3 months of ownership is that the MMI will randomly erase all mu Favorite radio stations. It happens at least once a week, sometimes more frequently. I never had this issue n my 2021 S4, but this is not a dealbreaker, more of an annoyance.
Old 05-20-2024, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
What aspects of the software are mediocre, EV-specific stuff or general things like the myAudi app?
Both. The app is very slow to communicate with the vehicle, often taking multiple minutes to send a destination or a command, and doesn't support locking/unlocking the car. No ability to preheat the steering wheel and the logic on how it determines if it'll preheat the glass is terrible, and it's unclear if the seat preheating actually works or not.

Have to tell the car every f'ing time I park that yes, I want it to use the charge settings for my location so it doesn't charge at the horrifyingly expensive times. Why the F else would I have defined the settings, you pack of *****?

The carplay & android auto implementation is halfassed, forcing you to use the Audi maps if you want the nav cues to show up in the virtual cockpit and/or HUD, and to use the audi nav you realistically need to pay for the absurdly overpriced and crappy Audi Connect package. This is very notable because it's NOT a limitation of the vehicle platform, as the ID4 does not have this problem (the US ID4 doesn't have a HUD but the driver display can show Apple Maps cues, and in Europe I am told the HUD will show them)

The voice input is slow and crappy.

The on-screen keyboard lags so much it'll actually lose input in the buffer, which is almost impressively crappy engineering work.

The car doesn't automatically lock when you walk away, which is totally a VW/Audi design choice but it's stupid and should be left to the user to decide if they want that or not. Every car I've owned since model year 2005 could do this, I don't know why VW/Audi choose not to.

Still no support for Plug and Charge.

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
The only issue I have had in 3 months of ownership is that the MMI will randomly erase all mu Favorite radio stations. It happens at least once a week, sometimes more frequently. I never had this issue n my 2021 S4, but this is not a dealbreaker, more of an annoyance.
Yeah that bug is stupid and a major reason why I ended up canceling siriusxm, actually.

Honestly, calling the software "mediocre" is being overly generous. It's appalling and if I ever saw someone from cariad apply to work at my company I'd almost be tempted to let them interview just so I can ask what the F is wrong with them, but in reality I'd just laugh and click the "nope" button.

Last edited by grue; 05-20-2024 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-20-2024, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Grue,
that’s quite a laundry list of gripes. I don’t use the myAudi app extensively. I have noticed that when I check it to monitor my charging progress at the ChargePoint stations at work, the app doesn’t update for 40 minutes sometimes. I thought the app did allow me to lock/unlock the doors on my S4 but I have no such option on the Q4.

The native navigation system is crappy and is painfully slow, so I don’t use it. I tried using it since the map can be displayed on the virtual cockpit and the augmented reality info on the head up display is cool but the nav software is bad. Do back to using Google and Apple Maps.

My radio presets got wiped again today. So infuriating!