Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Charge stuck on initialize

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charge stuck on initialize

I just bought a 2019 premium plus and charged successfully this morning but when I got home and plugged it into the level 1 it just sits at initialize and the charging light pulses white non stop. I tried going into town to use a level 2 and coming across the same issue. In town the chargers recognize the vehicle and allow me to “start” but nothing happens. Any ideas? I brought this home yesterday so a little frustrating.

Btw - the charger got stuck in the port after this error started so I had to manually remove it. I’ve also tried on 50% and 100%.
Old 01-28-2024, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

What was your charging setup at home? The 2019 etron quattro will not charge using the Audi Compact EVSE if you have it set to 50% for L1 charging. The car thinks a timer is set and is waiting for the timer (pulsing white light) . You may have set an error code that has not cleared. You might try putting the car into its deepest Sleep state and rebooting it from there. Sometimes that will clear an error. To do that, 1) roll up all the windows and turn off the car; 2) get out and shut all the doors including the charging port door; 3) Lock all the doors using the key fob by pressing the Lock button twice within 5 seconds (Ferry Mode, turns off motion sensors); remove all key fobs far from the car and do not try to access the car via MyAudi app. Wait at least two hours before restarting the car. Even if the EVSE 50% setting is not the problem, the full shutdown/reboot may help.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Audi Compact charger is set to 50% by default (at 100% it is a 40A charger; at 50% it is a 20A charger.), so if you want to use it at 100% you have to set it. Everytime you unplug it from the wall it will default to 50%. To change the %, use the central Power button. That button is Dual Function: Short press is Power On/Off; long press and hold is 50%/100%. So do a long press and hold, if necessary!

Hope this helps!

Last edited by JNealCox; 01-28-2024 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
What was your charging setup at home? The 2019 etron quattro will not charge using the Audi Compact EVSE if you have it set to 50% for L1 charging. The car thinks a timer is set and is waiting for the timer (pulsing white light) . You may have set an error code that has not cleared. You might try putting the car into its deepest Sleep state and rebooting it from there. Sometimes that will clear an error. To do that, 1) roll up all the windows and turn off the car; 2) get out and shut all the doors including the charging port door; 3) Lock all the doors using the key fob by pressing the Lock button twice within 5 seconds (Ferry Mode, turns off motion sensors); remove all key fobs far from the car and do not try to access the car via MyAudi app. Wait at least two hours before restarting the car. Even if the EVSE 50% setting is not the problem, the full shutdown/reboot may help.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Audi Compact charger is set to 50% by default (at 100% it is a 40A charger; at 50% it is a 20A charger.), so if you want to use it at 100% you have to set it. Everytime you unplug it from the wall it will default to 50%. To change the %, use the central Power button. That button is Dual Function: Short press is Power On/Off; long press and hold is 50%/100%. So do a long press and hold, if necessary!

Hope this helps!
this worked! Thank you so much!
Old 01-29-2024, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

Glad it worked for you! I ran into a similar situation when I got my 2019 etron in Nov 2019. Kind of stressful, isn't it?