Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Could the 2025 Q4 e-tron arrive earlier than usual?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Could the 2025 Q4 e-tron arrive earlier than usual?

As you may have read, the 2024 VW ID.4 with the larger 77 kW battery which apparently arrives after January 2024 will have the upgraded rear motor which bumps the power significantly from 201 to 282 hp on the RWD ID.4 and from 295 to 330 hp on the AWD ID.4, along with some unspecified range improvement. The same rear motor upgrades will make it to the Q4 e-tron 40 and e-tron 50 but not for the 2024 MY since Audi has already released details on the 2024 model and the actual cars may already be on dealer lots by now. So that means for a few months, the ID.4 will have a superior drivetrain compared to the more expensive Q4 sibling. That won't sit well with potential Audi QA4 buyers, so I'm wondering if the 2024 MY will be a short run and the 2025 Q4 will actually arrive by next spring. Do you think that's feasible? My S4 lease ends in mid-March 2024 and the Q4 e-tron 50 will be my top choice to replace it, but I won't get the 295-hp current 50 model when I know an improved model with more power and range is just around the corner. I suppose I could extend my leasea few months, but it wouldn't make sense for Audi to be selling an outdated Q4 when the ID.4 gets all the improvements (including leather seats and HK premium sound on the top trim Pro S Plus).

Last edited by Bada Bing; 10-19-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-19-2023, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bada Bing
As you may have read, the 2024 VW ID.4 with the larger 77 kW battery which apparently arrives after January 2024 will have the upgraded rear motor which bumps the power significantly from 201 to 282 hp on the RWD ID.4 and from 295 to 330 hp on the AWD ID.4, along with some unspecified range improvement. The same rear motor upgrades will make it to the Q4 e-tron 40 and e-tron 50 but not for the 2024 MY since Audi has already released details on the 2024 model and the actual cars may already be on dealer lots by now. So that means for a few months, the ID.4 will have a superior drivetrain compared to the more expensive Q4 sibling. That won't sit well with potential Audi QA4 buyers, so I'm wondering if the 2024 MY will be a short run and the 2025 Q4 will actually arrive by next spring. Do you think that's feasible? My S4 lease ends in mid-March 2024 and the Q4 e-tron 50 will be my top choice to replace it, but I won't get the 295-hp current 50 model when I know an improved model with more power and range is just around the corner. I suppose I could extend my leasea few months, but it wouldn't make sense for Audi to be selling an outdated Q4 when the ID.4 gets all the improvements (including leather seats and HK premium sound on the top trim Pro S Plus).
It just seems that Audi isn’t concerned that the that the lower priced ID4 will be having a superior motor, battery and range for a full model year. The ID4 is much more affordable and comes with Navigation in its mid and upper trim levels while being one of the few EVs eligible for the $7500 tax credits. That being said, like many here, I strongly prefer the Audi and mot likely will go with the Q4 Premium Plus when the lease of my Q5 Plug-in ends or is close to ending as I strongly preferred the ID 4 50 which I had ordered, but changed to the Q5e due to charging issues at home which I expect to be resolved by 2025.
Old 10-23-2023, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

… Do you think that's feasible? My S4 lease ends in mid-March 2024 and the Q4 e-tron 50 will be my top choice to replace it, but I won't get the 295-hp current 50 model when I know an improved model with more power and range is just around the corner. I suppose I could extend my leasea few months, but it wouldn't make sense for Audi to be selling an outdated Q4 when the ID.4 gets all the improvements (including leather seats and HK premium sound on the top trim Pro S Plus).
With respect to those who haven’t actually driven the car to know that it already has enough power, your question might seem pertinent. However, having owned and driven the car for more than a month now, the predicted refresh has absolutely nothing to do with why we bought the car, and come to love it for what it is, the absolutely best town car on the market…

#jussayin
Old 10-23-2023, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Good point as I strongly preferred the Q4 to the Q5 plug-in that I ended up with due to changing concerns. I thought the Q4 had great acceleration with a bat out of hell performance. On a positive note, it appears that the VW/Audi group will be following other manufacturers by reaching an agreement with Tesla to make their fast chargers available which also includes utilizing the NACS standard which may invoke some type of adaptor for the plug along the lines of adopters used in Europe, any information will be appreciated here. While many of options about Tesla and their owner, it does seem that it has done a better job with its nationwide fast charging stations compared to Electrify America or EVGo.

Old 10-23-2023, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rarewolf
With respect to those who haven’t actually driven the car to know that it already has enough power, your question might seem pertinent. However, having owned and driven the car for more than a month now, the predicted refresh has absolutely nothing to do with why we bought the car, and come to love it for what it is, the absolutely best town car on the market…
#jussayin
I test drove the Q4 e-tron 50 and while it seemed plenty peppy, a little bit of extra acceleration never hurts. For me, the biggest benefit of the upgraded 2025 powertrain is the yet to be announced range increase. 236 miles of range for the SUV model is on the low side, especially since you are told not to charge above 80% for battery longevity. Even a 25-mile increase in range to about 260 miles will make a significant difference.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I test drove the Q4 e-tron 50 and while it seemed plenty peppy, a little bit of extra acceleration never hurts. For me, the biggest benefit of the upgraded 2025 powertrain is the yet to be announced range increase. 236 miles of range for the SUV model is on the low side, especially since you are told not to charge above 80% for battery longevity. Even a 25-mile increase in range to about 260 miles will make a significant difference.
which is why I referred to it as “the absolutely best town car on the market”…
Old 10-23-2023, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

which is why I referred to it as “the absolutely best town car on the market”…
I missed the "town" part. Many people, including me, only have a single vehicle which has to do the job all year long. I understand that any EV is a somewhat dicey proposition for a long road trip. I accept that compromise, but coming from a combustion car, something in the 250-300 mile range is more along the lines of what I am used to between gas tank fill-ups.
Old 10-25-2023, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#jussayin
You were doing fine until you called Q4 a "town car".

The Lincoln Town Car was the quintessential land yacht, about as much fun to drive as a school bus and as adept at causing motion sickness as a cruise ship.

But don't apologize to me, apologize to your Q4. It's sensitive about such things...

Last edited by getmoving; 10-25-2023 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by getmoving
You were doing fine until you called Q4 a "town car".

The Lincoln Town Car was the quintessential land yacht, about as much fun to drive as a school bus and as adept at causing motion sickness as a cruise ship.

But don't apologize to me, apologize to your Q4. It's sensitive about such things...
I’ll be doing no such apologizing. The difference between the Lincoln sedan and the Audi Q4 e-tron, and referring to either as a “Town Car” versus a “town car”, is marketing versus function and practicality…

#jussayin
Old 10-30-2023, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW I completely agree with your underlying premise. Q4 is plenty perky and fun to drive as it is. But it may not be ideal for long distance travel with the current infrastructure.

I'm old enough to remember when most SUVs were converted pickup trucks.

Even 20 years ago, if anyone had suggested that everyone would "need" a 300hp SUV that went 0-60 in under 6 seconds, and "want" 21 inch wheels on said vehicle with rubber band tires that would explode if you hit a speed bump too fast, they would have been laughed out of the room. The joke is on us.
The following users liked this post:
rarewolf (10-30-2023)

Quick Reply: Could the 2025 Q4 e-tron arrive earlier than usual?