Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Leaving cell phone inside- no audio warning

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaving cell phone inside- no audio warning

This feels like the dumbest question ever, but I have the menu configured to give me an audio warning if I leave my cell phone in the vehicle yet it NEVER gives me a warning. I can be back in my house (or office) & only when I need my phone for something do I remember that it's back in the car. My older Q5 never missed an opportunity to tell me that "your cell phone is still in the vehicle" before I even had a chance to disconnect it, but the Q4, will happily hang out with my mobile all day. Is there an additional item in the menu that might need to be triggered that I'm missing? I have the reminder set to "spoken" though I tried it as a tone as well just to see if it was a voice issue & that didn't work either.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 07-09-2023, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That feature only works if you have the factory wireless charger ("Audi Phone Box") & the phone is on it when you start to leave the car.
Early Q4s had that option deleted due to the chip shortage - so depending on when yours was built you may or may not have it. My Q4 Prestige has that option in the menu but does not have the physical hardware.
Old 07-09-2023, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting, thank you. The good news is that I do have the wireless phone box. Bad news is that it still doesn't give me the warning when my phone is in the wireless box. I'll continue to explore possible solutions, but that's a good starting point- thank you!
Old 07-10-2023, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
That feature only works if you have the factory wireless charger ("Audi Phone Box") & the phone is on it when you start to leave the car.
Early Q4s had that option deleted due to the chip shortage - so depending on when yours was built you may or may not have it. My Q4 Prestige has that option in the menu but does not have the physical hardware.
That's not correct in my experience. I do not have the wireless charging system in my Etron and it always tells me my phone is still in vehicle
Old 07-10-2023, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 191 Likes on 150 Posts

Not sure about the E-Tron but mine seems to only alert me if I turn the car off first THEN open the door. If I open the door before the car is off I get no alert. BTW, my IPhone is always sitting in the charger with CarPlay wirelessly connected.

Last edited by Zombie5150; 07-10-2023 at 08:12 AM.