Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Q4 e-tron - No Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Q4 e-tron - No Rebate

Well, thanks to the genius's in Washington, it looks like the Q4 will not qualify for the EV rebate. Its not "made in the usa." Thanks Democrats. In case you're wondering, it does qualify for the current EV rebate.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Most vehicles will not qualify for the rebate this year after it is signed. Unfortunately this is a serious cutback of the program. Will help GM possibly if they can start making EVs. And some Teslas.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Yup. Between the price increase before release and this, it's gonna be $11000+ more expensive than most people were expecting

All thanks to Joe Manchin.
Old 08-07-2022, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is sad to say, but we won't be buying one.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks big time! I would blame Audi for this, they have been playing wait game for a long time. At one time, I was told to be ready to test drive in February 2022. One thing audi can still do is offer $3500 dealer credit for past audi owners.. I guess I will go with base Tesla model Y when the tax credit is live
Old 08-08-2022, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimboy435
This sucks big time! I would blame Audi for this, they have been playing wait game for a long time. At one time, I was told to be ready to test drive in February 2022. One thing audi can still do is offer $3500 dealer credit for past audi owners.. I guess I will go with base Tesla model Y when the tax credit is live

yeah it sucks hard, but not hard enough for me to buy another tesla. They'd have to pay *me*.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grue
yeah it sucks hard, but not hard enough for me to buy another tesla. They'd have to pay *me*.
why so much hate for Tesla?
Old 08-08-2022, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewling
Well, thanks to the genius's in Washington, it looks like the Q4 will not qualify for the EV rebate. Its not "made in the usa." Thanks Democrats. In case you're wondering, it does qualify for the current EV rebate.

1. Democrats are the one who pushed and passed the current legislation on the books. Just in case you were wondering. Politics is the furthest thing from my mind, and they all suck equally, but nevertheless, call it accurately.
2. Subsidies help spur things on. Subsidies are not a sustainable business model, and they have existed for a long time. Does your business exist via subsidies? Who do you think pays for the subsidies to begin with? You do.
3. Regardless of what is signed now, doesn't automatically mean it's what transacts come 1/1
4. Tesla doesn't qualify for subsidies anymore under currently legislation because of the volume threshold. They still seem to sell.

The sky is not falling, and at some point, subsidizing products has to end, and it has to start somewhere.

Last edited by SCarGuy; 08-08-2022 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
1. Democrats are the one who pushed and passed the current legislation on the books. Just in case you were wondering. Politics is the furthest thing from my mind, and they all suck equally, but nevertheless, call it accurately.
2. Subsidies help spur things on. Subsidies are not a sustainable business model, and they have existed for a long time. Does your business exist via subsidies? Who do you think pays for the subsidies to begin with? You do.
3. Regardless of what is signed now, doesn't automatically mean it's what transacts come 1/1
4. Tesla doesn't qualify for subsidies anymore under currently legislation because of the volume threshold. They still seem to sell.

The sky is not falling, and at some point, subsidizing products has to end, and it has to start somewhere.
True the sky is not falling but when there is a credit it should be utilized
Old 08-08-2022, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimboy435
True the sky is not falling but when there is a credit it should be utilized
and you can use it, so long as you buy something that qualifies before the end of the year.

Tax credits don't, shouldn't, and can't, last forever. They've existed for a very long time.

Quick Reply: Q4 e-tron - No Rebate