Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Q4 e-tron - No Rebate

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Audi trying to compete with $7500 rebate (but have to lease it)

Also right now, I've been told that at least in my region (WA state), Costco members can get $1500 rebate off the top as well. I will likely pay off the lease as soon as possible to avoid the approximately 8% lease APR
Old 08-26-2023, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDQuattro
Also right now, I've been told that at least in my region (WA state), Costco members can get $1500 rebate off the top as well. I will likely pay off the lease as soon as possible to avoid the approximately 8% lease APR
“avoid the lease APR” ?

It’s built in. The only way to avoid some of it is doing a one pay lease or msd’s. Otherwise, you could make all your remaining payments today..you’re paying every nickel of interest the same as if you made your payments monthly.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is not what I've been told. I've been told that after 4 months or so, I can request a payout amount (residual + remaining payments but backing out the interest on remaining payments). I will need to confirm that because if it's just I pay the sum of all the payments with interest, that is no good
Old 08-26-2023, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

That is not what I've been told. I've been told that after 4 months or so, I can request a payout amount (residual + remaining payments but backing out the interest on remaining payments). I will need to confirm that because if it's just I pay the sum of all the payments with interest, that is no good
You’re responsible for all remaining payments on a lease. There’s no backing out of anything.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I haven't leased an Audi recently, financed one though.
For my BMW lease, the way they seemed to calculate the buyout value was sale price minus any principal amount paid until current date.
So if this is correct, then you pay interest only until the time you buy it out. I actually bought out that lease as well (after almost 3 years) so unfortunately I cannot log in and confirm this.
I would suggest checking with Audi finance or your dealer's finance guy directly to find out exactly how they calculate the buyout value at any given time.
If they simply add up remaining payments then you will be paying interest on the entire thing.
(Personally I am not a cash buyer so I would take the 7500 any time because I'll be paying a interest either way)
Old 08-28-2023, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sbt007
I haven't leased an Audi recently, financed one though.
For my BMW lease, the way they seemed to calculate the buyout value was sale price minus any principal amount paid until current date.
So if this is correct, then you pay interest only until the time you buy it out. I actually bought out that lease as well (after almost 3 years) so unfortunately I cannot log in and confirm this.
I would suggest checking with Audi finance or your dealer's finance guy directly to find out exactly how they calculate the buyout value at any given time.
If they simply add up remaining payments then you will be paying interest on the entire thing.
(Personally I am not a cash buyer so I would take the 7500 any time because I'll be paying a interest either way)
Thanks. I have asked for more specifics from salesman/finance guy in terms of the early buyout. I have numbers for the lease and the lease will effectively cost me about $4k so the $7500 is greatly reduced. I'm a bit concerned about purchasing a new EV now as it appears we're closer and closer to new battery technology that is much better (500 mile range, faster charge time, more eco-friendly to produce) and EVs with old battery technology could crater in value so a lease is somewhat more attractive but the 8% rate hurts.
Old 08-28-2023, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 548 Likes on 407 Posts

Thanks. I have asked for more specifics from salesman/finance guy in terms of the early buyout. I have numbers for the lease and the lease will effectively cost me about $4k so the $7500 is greatly reduced. I'm a bit concerned about purchasing a new EV now as it appears we're closer and closer to new battery technology that is much better (500 mile range, faster charge time, more eco-friendly to produce) and EVs with old battery technology could crater in value so a lease is somewhat more attractive but the 8% rate hurts.
Don't hold your breath regarding "new battery technology", especially if you are thinking of LFP batteries. One thing that is not being advertised about LFP is that the batteries will not charge below 30F ambient--so auxiliary battery heating is required--a special concern in colder climates. Do you really want to jump into a car that has "brand new battery technology (ie, a new learning curve)? If the range of the EV you are looking at now is "good enough" for your needs, don't delay. You will get a lot of EV "ownership experience" under your belt. The "latest and greatest" is always on the horizon!
The following users liked this post:
757driver (08-28-2023)