Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

User settings, and the convenience key

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default User settings, and the convenience key

Naturally, both my wife & I drive our Q4 e-tron, and have our own preferences and settings. Ideally, the car should know which of us have entered the car, and which settings to use, via which key fob was recognized upon opening the door. This doesn’t seem to work, and insists we select a user if the individual had not been the last to drive the car.

I had just about given up, but then found this statement in the driver’s manual (pg.31, context “users”, see below). It seems to imply the user settings can be associated with the key fob, but is otherwise unclear as to how make it work. Can anyone clarify?

The following users liked this post:
mackfrib (09-19-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rarewolf
Naturally, both my wife & I drive our Q4 e-tron, and have our own preferences and settings. Ideally, the car should know which of us have entered the car, and which settings to use, via which key fob was recognized upon opening the door. This doesn’t seem to work, and insists we select a user if the individual had not been the last to drive the car.

I had just about given up, but then found this statement in the driver’s manual (pg.31, context “users”, see below). It seems to imply the user settings can be associated with the key fob, but is otherwise unclear as to how make it work. Can anyone clarify?

I have the same issue. It just seems to work randomly. Really, I have no idea on how this works. Yet, sometimes, it changes the settings of the driver’s seat.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue as well, no logic and just doesn't recognize the key for the selection of the user, requires manual entry into the MMI. Stupid, because if it's my wife's settings I have to adjust the seat before I can access the MMI. We also have a Q7 and it recognizes the key and adjust the seats upon entering and opening the door. Has anyone talked to the dealer? Thanks
Old 11-11-2023, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiTTeRainbow
I have the same issue as well, no logic and just doesn't recognize the key for the selection of the user, requires manual entry into the MMI. Stupid, because if it's my wife's settings I have to adjust the seat before I can access the MMI. We also have a Q7 and it recognizes the key and adjust the seats upon entering and opening the door. Has anyone talked to the dealer? Thanks
The Audi tutorial below would imply that associating your driver settings with your key fob is set by finally locking your car with the fob. I haven’t been able to get it to work — let us know if you figure it out…

#HTH