Audi Q4 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q4 e-tron SUV.

Where to charge.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to charge.....

Hey guys,

Haven't been around here since I sold my SQ5, may be an Audi owner again one day but I'm here now posting for my sister. She's looking at the Q4 and the concern is.... where to charge. By that I mean, Electrify America locations are few and far between compared to Tesla Supercharger and Destination Charger locations.

She lives in the Charlotte NC area.

How is real world charger locations when out and about on the road?

Thank you all!!
Old 08-02-2023, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Beachside
Hey guys,

Haven't been around here since I sold my SQ5, may be an Audi owner again one day but I'm here now posting for my sister. She's looking at the Q4 and the concern is.... where to charge. By that I mean, Electrify America locations are few and far between compared to Tesla Supercharger and Destination Charger locations.

She lives in the Charlotte NC area.

How is real world charger locations when out and about on the road?

Thank you all!!
Download the PlugShare app. It will show you where all the chargers are located. Also, you might download the ABRP app (A Better Route Planner). With it you can run some theoretical trips you want to be sure you can make.to see if the combination of the car and the charging network can get you there.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNealCox
Download the PlugShare app. It will show you where all the chargers are located. Also, you might download the ABRP app (A Better Route Planner). With it you can run some theoretical trips you want to be sure you can make.to see if the combination of the car and the charging network can get you there.
Thanks so much Jneal.... Looking into that now
Old 08-09-2023, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Also be aware that base Premium version of Q4 does not have navigation (and thus no native routing to charger), so make sure she keeps that in mind if needed.
I don't do road trips on the Q4 and charge for free at work so none of these are concerns.
But the couple of long road trips I have done in CA - no issues finding a EA charger or some other charger. This was last year though. I used plugshare. I had ABRP downloaded but did not use.