Audi Q6 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q6 e-tron SUV.

Most silent new car roll out in a long time

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 517 Posts
Default Most silent new car roll out in a long time

I know that we are overly saturated with Tesla roll outs and hype machine. Even Rivian has a great publicity team out there keeping everybody interested in vehicles that are over a year away. Porsche wasted no time letting people on the configurator and putting the car in movies.

The Q6 e-tron is taking the say less approach apparently. I have not heard Audi say a word since the launch which was apparently just a launch. There are not even any deliveries in Europe yet. I'd expect Bjorn to review it but it just does not exist.
Old 06-05-2024, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. I'm that close to just move on to my second choice - the Polestar 3 where deliveries in the US start in a couple of months.
Old 06-09-2024, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I spoke to a Rivian sales person the other day and told him I was waiting for a Q6 e-tron but am hearing nothing. He claims that Rivian sales people are under strict orders not to hype the R2 and to move R1 units.

He claims that Audi might be following the same rule of sales. Never talk the new thing until the old thing is sold out.
The following users liked this post:
JNealCox (06-09-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 04:11 AM
12 year Audi owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering that one of the reviews from the March reveal said that the Q8 (at least in its current form) is all but dead once the Q6 is out, it is understandable why Audi would be quiet until the Q6 is in the showroom and ready to order. Looking at the high-trim Q6 (especially the SQ6), what does the Q8 offer that makes it worth spending more? I'll keep impatiently waiting, although I'm really not enjoying it.
Old 06-10-2024, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by StuffOfInterest
Considering that one of the reviews from the March reveal said that the Q8 (at least in its current form) is all but dead once the Q6 is out, it is understandable why Audi would be quiet until the Q6 is in the showroom and ready to order. Looking at the high-trim Q6 (especially the SQ6), what does the Q8 offer that makes it worth spending more?
Lord save us from reviewers. These are statements that could only come from somebody who does not own a (Q8) E-tron. The same logic would dictate that the Q5 makes the Q7-8 irrelevant. Its just missing the point and the fact that the larger, heavier and more comfortable Audi cruiser will always have a place in the world.
The following 2 users liked this post by rdgrimes:
B.O.W. (06-25-2024), Ian777 (06-10-2024)
Old 06-10-2024, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

Considering that one of the reviews from the March reveal said that the Q8 (at least in its current form) is all but dead once the Q6 is out, it is understandable why Audi would be quiet until the Q6 is in the showroom and ready to order. Looking at the high-trim Q6 (especially the SQ6), what does the Q8 offer that makes it worth spending more? I'll keep impatiently waiting, although I'm really not enjoying it.
That reiwiw is, of course, nonsense. The range for the 6 is comparable to the 8. The fit and finish for the 8 is definitely a notch above the 6. Just as in the past, it all comes down to what you are interested in. I was very interested in the Q6, but now that it has been announced, I am less interested.
Old 06-15-2024, 06:09 AM
12 year Audi owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on this article, I think we may start to see more information in a couple of weeks. It looks like there is a review embargo until July 1st.
Old 06-15-2024, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Based on this article, I think we may start to see more information in a couple of weeks. It looks like there is a review embargo until July 1st.
Right, the youtube car reviewer Kris Rifa mentioned he's driving the Q6 E-tron next week. It's coming!
Old 06-15-2024, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

Audi announced plans to release Sportback and RS versions of the Q6 etron next year.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JNealCox
Audi announced plans to release Sportback and RS versions of the Q6 etron next year.
Soooo... 2027?

Quick Reply: Most silent new car roll out in a long time