Audi Q6 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi Q6 e-tron SUV.

Q6 e-tron launch thread (Monday 18 March Sunday 9PM EST for the US)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just checked the Audiusa.com site and can not do a build and price.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Traveler
Just checked the Audiusa.com site and can not do a build and price.
wont go live till mid year when they finalize launch details for our market.
Old 03-20-2024, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is poor customer service (in fact close to none). Porsche had their complete Macan ev configurator up with pricing, at least in the U.S., very shortly after their livestream. I wonder how many have consequently placed Macan orders after playing with the configurator and got excited (jumped their original schedules).
Old 03-20-2024, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 3eyedblinky
The power difference was odd to me, not sure why America gets more power, I am kinda bummed, I would rather have max range vs a quicker 0-60 but at the same time EVs motor can usually be more efficient if not being pushed in normal driving speeds so more power = better day to day efficiency if its easier/less strain to do 0-40 50-80 overtakes? I don't know
On EV, the relationship between power and efficiency (range) is not directly inverse of each other as it is on ICE cars.

You need bigger batteries to get more range which also allows you to generate higher peak output. Bigger battery also enable better thermal management and other benefits. So often time, you get more power and more efficiency at the same time. And all things being equal (i.e. control for weight, road surface, tire, temperature, weather etc.) because electric motors always operated at peak torque, at steady state driving at normal load, an electric motor that is rated more instantaneous output (e.g. one rated at 456 hp) is not consuming more electrons than one rated to handle less output (e.g. one rated at 402hp). In another word, if you are just cruising, the eMPG difference is negligible between a 456hp Q6 or 402hp Macan 4 since they are basically the same car.

In the case of Macan 4 and Q6, I suspect it is all smoke and mirrors... the rated horsepower is just for show. We know Q6 and SQ6 have the same battery pack and motors so there is no mechnical difference... just software programming that allows more peak output. Until someone do a back to back acceleration test on Macan 4 and Q6, we can't prove anything but I suspect Macan 4's numbers are just arbitrarily chosen for marketing reasons to give Turbo a 200+ hp cushion. The real output is probably similar to Q6.

Plus we know Macan 4T, 4S and GTS are inevitable so Porsche has to sandbag Macan 4 to leave enough room for three more levels between it and Macan Turbo, whereas Audi doesn't need to leave any daylight between Q6 and SQ6.

So if you apply that to Macan and Q6, this is what you get:
  • Q6 (lower output EU version) 402hp
  • Macan 4 402hp
  • <Macan 4T has to go here - maybe 456hp?>
  • Q6 456 hp
  • <Macan 4S has to be here - maybe 500hp?>
  • SQ6 510hp
  • <Macan GTS has to be here - maybe 550hp?>
  • Macan Turbo 630hp
  • <RSQ6 has to be here - maybe 650hp?>
  • <Macan Turbo S and RSQ6 Performance have to be here - maybe 700hp?>

Last edited by bzcat; 03-20-2024 at 01:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
3eyedblinky (03-20-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 517 Posts

Interesting podcast discussion about the Q6 e-tron.

I find the fact that the ID.4 is better appointed really discouraging. I did not understand the ID.4 having more options than the Q4 e-tron and I certainly don't get it with the Q6 e-tron. Unless the Q8 e-tron is jumping platforms very soon, I really don't understand the under appointing the Q6.

Old 03-22-2024, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Interesting podcast discussion about the Q6 e-tron.

I find the fact that the ID.4 is better appointed really discouraging. I did not understand the ID.4 having more options than the Q4 e-tron and I certainly don't get it with the Q6 e-tron. Unless the Q8 e-tron is jumping platforms very soon, I really don't understand the under appointing the Q6.

https://youtu.be/tDAQnolJxDU?feature=shared
The Q8 is gonna be done on PPE and move up market I think the Q6 will be closer to 70k then 60k in base form tbh. I wouldn’t call one seat feature better appointed than the overall package of the Q6. Comparing the bones you have everything on PPE vs MEB and it’s not even close architecturally, efficiency, battery. I think people get caught up in trim levels. The base spec Q6 will do everything better then even the best Q4 from climate control in cabin, driving, handling, adaptive cruise control. Every standard thing will be notably better.
B.O.W. (05-25-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

I’ll say one thing…..I hate the floating dash display in the Q6. Reminds me of how BMW implemented theirs in the iX. I much prefer the way the Macan EV has theirs in the dash.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dcpmark
I’ll say one thing…..I hate the floating dash display in the Q6. Reminds me of how BMW implemented theirs in the iX. I much prefer the way the Macan EV has theirs in the dash.
But this is soooo much better than the iPad configuration in ALL the spy shots!

I am actually pleased with it. Is Porsche's implementation better? Yes. But this was looking soooo much worse for a while.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 556 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by 3eyedblinky
The Q8 is gonna be done on PPE and move up market I think the Q6 will be closer to 70k then 60k in base form tbh. I wouldn’t call one seat feature better appointed than the overall package of the Q6. Comparing the bones you have everything on PPE vs MEB and it’s not even close architecturally, efficiency, battery. I think people get caught up in trim levels. The base spec Q6 will do everything better then even the best Q4 from climate control in cabin, driving, handling, adaptive cruise control. Every standard thing will be notably better.
Right, the original plan in the roadmap back in 2019 moved the Quattro etron 55 directly to the PPE before it would be sold as the Q8. The Q8 name would then be the indication that all the etrons were on EV platforms. CARIAD disaster and COVID issues killed that roadmap. The current Q8 is a stopgap model, where marketing decided to go ahead with the name change. Still, I think the current Q8 provided some meaningful updates over the Quattro models.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

There is a Euro reviewer wingding about the fact that the US Q6 e-tron will in fact have massaging seats despite the fact that the Euro version will not. OOS is doubling down and saying that they were told during the "tech class" last week, "no massaging seats" for the Q6 e-tron.

So, maybe there is a chance that the US/NA Q6 has a more complete option package than the Euro versions.
patbras (03-22-2024)