Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Adaptive Cruise Control Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adaptive Cruise Control Adjustment

Adaptive Cruise Control Question:
While using ACC (with speed limit sign recognition) I may set the speed at 75, but at times the ACC automatically reduces the cruise control speed to the current posted speed limit. What can I adjust to hold the cruise control speed to what I set and not have it change?

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2021, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by ematts
While using ACC (with speed limit sign recognition) I may set the speed at 75, but at times the ACC automatically reduces the cruise control speed to the current posted speed limit. What can I adjust to hold the cruise control speed to what I set and not have it change?

Thanks!
You will find the answer on your question in owner's manual. There are 2 options to set ACC: based on road speed limits or individually set speed.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ematts

Thanks!
You can turn the speed limit reading camera function off. Following is copied from an earlier post. The original author is right; the odds of finding this on your own are slim and none. The manual is crap.To disable auto speed setting during cruise control, use the MMI. Home > Vehicle > Driver assistance. Once on the driver assistance page, press the settings (cog) icon at the top right to access Driver assist settings. On that page, scroll down if needed to Adaptive cruise assist and press it. Then scroll down on that page to Predictive control and press it. On the Predictive control page there is a Set speed limit option. Change it to off. Now, I'm no statistician, but I think one might be just as likely to find Jimmy Hoffa as this setting.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. Thanks for your help!!
Old 08-16-2021, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

This solved our number one complaint about ACC. Had two dealers say there was no way to shut it off. There's so much programing on these cars that Audi has not trained their people on. You can also shut off the feature wherein the ACC slows the car on curves. I think it's in the same menu as the speed limit reading switch.