Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Anyone lower their RSQ8

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone lower their RSQ8

Hey I just wondering if anyone here has lowered their RSQ8 yet? If so how did you do it?
Old 06-05-2021, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Cete module. ODIS, OBD, Lowering springs. Bunch of threads on it. One my own
Old 06-05-2021, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

As mentioned, a few threads and this is from another thread just to make it easy, plus a photo of a freshly lowered RSQ8 customer car:

Originally Posted by 1stRS
If you modify the coding via ODIS, I’d also be concerned: you adjusted the ride height and the system failed- therefore warranty claim rejected. Even if you change the values back- they maybe able to see the history.
People do seem to forget this. If the lowering is done via ODIS and is noticeable a really strict dealer will pick up on this just as much as any other lowering option.

Originally Posted by 1stRS
Your 3rd option- the wired CETE controller. It’s invisible to the car’s ECU, if you had a failure, all you would have to do is return to stock with your phone. No reason to pull the controller as it sits inside the panel at right rear.
Just to confirm, with the newer Audi models the CETE modules are under the car. For the RSQ8 there would be a front harness with a module that connects to the factory level sensors and the same for the rear. Then two wires that go up into the trunk for the CAN connection. The modules are tucked under the factory plastic undertrays so unless the tech was really disassembling they wouldn't notice. The harnesses are the level sensors can be a bit more obvious, again the tech would need to be looking for something out of place.

With that said the nice part about the CETE setup is with the smartphone app any user can set the height back to factory in every drive select mode. So for an oil change or something totally unrelated to suspension just set the heights back to the factory and likely no worries. If you had an air suspension failure or something involving the suspension the harnesses and modules could be pulled in 1-2 hours to be totally back to factory.

Controller Package | CETE Q8, SQ8, RSQ8 Air Suspension <-Click Link for More Information

The CETE setups are a great way to go because of the flexibility, relatively hidden installation, ability to set back to factory heights for simple dealerships visits, individual height settings per main drive select mode and if you like to drop the car while parked show mode is entertaining.

If you or anyone else has questions on these don't hesitate to let me know here or via PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 06-06-2021, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Subscribing, just picked up a RS Q8 as a daily.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Subscribing, just picked up a RS Q8 as a daily.
.................very nice garage !!
Old 06-06-2021, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Isn’t a lowered RSQ8 called: “You should have bought an RS 6 Avant?”
Old 06-06-2021, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeGator
Isn’t a lowered RSQ8 called: “You should have bought an RS 6 Avant?”
Wife won't drive a wagon.. Lol. No idea why. But that nor a minivan. Plus lowering it a couple of inches isn't the same as thumping down into a car.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Longbird
Wife won't drive a wagon.. Lol. No idea why. But that nor a minivan. Plus lowering it a couple of inches isn't the same as thumping down into a car.
I’m with you there. I want to be a good car guy and love the RS6 (and I do) but the RS Q8 was an easier balance for the family.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by methodtim
I’m with you there. I want to be a good car guy and love the RS6 (and I do) but the RS Q8 was an easier balance for the family.
I adored the RS6 but I needed a 2.0" trailer hitch that preferably installed OEM. I am constantly carrying a couple heavy electric assist MTBs that can't live on a roof rack.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you @Alex@Europrice.us for that info. First let me find the local dealer that is cool with mods. I know one off the top of my head that is okay with modifications to cars I am going to ask the tech there if they are or not about my car being lowered. I will probably get this lowering module having an app is great.

@TahoeGator Yeah I get what you're saying, but my plan is to push this thing onto my father because he loves the Q8 he has no idea that I got a RSQ8 so when he sees it he will want it. I will probably order myself an RS6 though lol.
The following users liked this post:
Alex@Europrice.us (06-09-2021)

Quick Reply: Anyone lower their RSQ8