Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Audi web portal

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi web portal

Anyone using the my.audi.com web portal? When ever I log in, I keep getting the following warning : "Only security-related Audi connect services are active and send data. You can change the privacy settings in your vehicle." and none of the features are enabled, like myCarmanager, myRoute, myInfo. Privacy settings in the car's MMI are set to allow data communication. The dealer seems clueless, and so does Audi themselves.

Anybody with the same issue ?
Old 12-22-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 939 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by rogueq8
Anyone using the my.audi.com web portal? When ever I log in, I keep getting the following warning : "Only security-related Audi connect services are active and send data. You can change the privacy settings in your vehicle." and none of the features are enabled, like myCarmanager, myRoute, myInfo. Privacy settings in the car's MMI are set to allow data communication. The dealer seems clueless, and so does Audi themselves.

Anybody with the same issue ?
Did you follow the instructions to "login" on the vehicle side?
Old 12-25-2018, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yes I did. I went to the dealer to have them help me with the issue, and they are also pretty much clueless. Hence my asking here for help.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Correct site for the US is https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi
Old 12-26-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rogueq8,

I brought up the same issues to Park Avenue Audi in Brossard and they kept saying that the Audi Connect service was having issues in Canada... I got hold of the number for customer service at Audi Canada and called. Sounds like in Canada, only Google sat maps and security services are enabled in the Q8. Based on their (somewhat stupid) market research, Canadian customers were not interested in other services, optional ($) or not. For example, the Wifi access point in the car is totally useless since you can't get it connected to the LTE and the internet... The person on the phone said that they are getting an earful from customers calling about this but for the time being, no plan to change this. BTW, you can still enter RSS feed in the MyAudi app and get them to sync with the MMI and you can also track the car or enable valet mode on it

I need to upgrade my VCDS cable but once I get the new one in a few weeks, I will see if it is possible to hack the MMI to enable that stuff.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for Norp for the info. If I may, I would suggest not to rely to much on Audi Canada's customer service. I had problems connecting wirelessly to CarPlay at some point, and called them. They told me Carplay only works with cable connection. Which obviously is not true. Anyways, I will call them to add to the pile of complaint about AudiConnect services.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Norp
Hey Rogueq8,

I brought up the same issues to Park Avenue Audi in Brossard and they kept saying that the Audi Connect service was having issues in Canada... I got hold of the number for customer service at Audi Canada and called. Sounds like in Canada, only Google sat maps and security services are enabled in the Q8. Based on their (somewhat stupid) market research, Canadian customers were not interested in other services, optional ($) or not. For example, the Wifi access point in the car is totally useless since you can't get it connected to the LTE and the internet... The person on the phone said that they are getting an earful from customers calling about this but for the time being, no plan to change this. BTW, you can still enter RSS feed in the MyAudi app and get them to sync with the MMI and you can also track the car or enable valet mode on it

I need to upgrade my VCDS cable but once I get the new one in a few weeks, I will see if it is possible to hack the MMI to enable that stuff.
Any idea what happens if you put in a Sim card in the slot?
Old 12-27-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Norp
Hey Rogueq8,

I would also add that Audi is clearly lying to us.

Right here: https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/custom...hor-1145777517

Scroll to the Q8, it does say "wifi enabled"
Old 12-27-2018, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Given that the trial only gives you 20gb of data, or 6 months, whichever is first, not sure why having WiFi is even wanted, esp if all other aspects of the app work (which itself is meh) . But that’s just me. I have it on mine, I’ve never used it, as my phone data isn’t capped
Old 12-27-2018, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Given that the trial only gives you 20gb of data, or 6 months, whichever is first, not sure why having WiFi is even wanted, esp if all other aspects of the app work (which itself is meh) . But that’s just me. I have it on mine, I’ve never used it, as my phone data isn’t capped
That's in the US? No?

What is baffling is that i remember reading somewhere rgar for Audi Canada the trial period is four years.

Then I read the comments upthread..

Quick Reply: Audi web portal