Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

CETE Suspension controller

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CETE Suspension controller

I bought the CETE Suspension controller but id didn’t come with instructions and can’t find any online. Does anyone have experience installing this that can help me locate the suspension sensors
Old 06-23-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jettq8
I bought the CETE Suspension controller but id didn’t come with instructions and can’t find any online. Does anyone have experience installing this that can help me locate the suspension sensors
Did you buy it from europrice? They can email you instructions. Otherwise PM your email and I will send them to you. I installed it on mine. FYI for the canbus wiring the instructions say to take of panels and use wiring by the tailight. At least in my Q8 there is no canbus wiring back there. It's behind the rear seat and is much much easier to get to and get the wiring inside as there is a port right there.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dubbrand
Did you buy it from europrice? They can email you instructions. Otherwise PM your email and I will send them to you. I installed it on mine. FYI for the canbus wiring the instructions say to take of panels and use wiring by the tailight. At least in my Q8 there is no canbus wiring back there. It's behind the rear seat and is much much easier to get to and get the wiring inside as there is a port right there.
I actually just got a response from CETE. They sent me the instructions in German. I’ll need to google translate. Did you need to use a lift for your install?

Old 06-23-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The variant 2 canbus wires are what you want to use. I didn't use a lift. I just put the vehicle in allroad then I used two jacks to lift the front only. It lifted the vehicle high enough for me to get under it and do everything. I wouldn't focus too much on the install pictures. Once you get underneath there you'll figure out the best way to mount the wires yourself. I'd make sure you have extra zip ties before you start. I ended up using more than what they provided.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Finally got it installed. Thought I’d share a photo
The following 2 users liked this post by jettq8:
dubbrand (06-24-2019), NolaQ8 (06-24-2020)
Old 06-01-2020, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if what you posted are the complete set of instructions? I’ll be attempting my install this week!
Old 06-02-2020, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 811 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by NolaQ8
Just wondering if what you posted are the complete set of instructions? I’ll be attempting my install this week!
Here you will find the whole description and at the bottom of the page Q7 2 instructions:
Q8: https://www.active-sound.eu/de/audi/...-app-steuerung
Q7: https://www.active-sound.eu/de/audi/...-app-steuerung
It is all in German but Google translator will help. Q7 and Q8 installation should be the same.

Last edited by retom; 06-02-2020 at 05:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NolaQ8 (06-24-2020)
Old 06-24-2020, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Lowered q8

Did my install a couple weeks back. Turned out great!!

Old 06-24-2020, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

If you purchase through an authorized North American distributor you get instructions and support in English. Happy to let folks know who those authorized distributors are as there aren't many.

Cheers,

Old 07-02-2020, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hey, NolaQ8, where did you source your rooftop carrier? We're planning a long road trip and yours looks like the business.

Thanks,

Rob

Quick Reply: CETE Suspension controller