Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 370 Likes on 311 Posts

I am shocked this issue is still going on! I am dumbfounded! They still haven't found a fix? What the heck!
Old 09-26-2023, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
if the stop/start is turned off, does the BSG go into a dumb mode and just crank out 48v? Or, is it still executing some routine, and just forgoing the stop / start of the engine…i.e. is it still trying to “boost” the engine under certain conditions?

i think the answer to that is yes…

Other thoughts anyone?
Well, even though I turn off S/S, I still get the little green foot pedal icon (only on occasion, no rhyme or reason when) on the dash that tells me to take my foot off the gas and I can go electric. Although when I take my foot off the gas, the car just starts slowing down, so I have no clue that the system is doing anything.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 920 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
if the stop/start is turned off, does the BSG go into a dumb mode and just crank out 48v? Or, is it still executing some routine, and just forgoing the stop / start of the engine…i.e. is it still trying to “boost” the engine under certain conditions?

i think the answer to that is yes…

Other thoughts anyone?
Yes.

No doubt mechanically turning off SS helps but it doesn't 'stop' the issue, no.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdsengineer
Well, even though I turn off S/S, I still get the little green foot pedal icon (only on occasion, no rhyme or reason when) on the dash that tells me to take my foot off the gas and I can go electric. Although when I take my foot off the gas, the car just starts slowing down, so I have no clue that the system is doing anything.
I don't think that has anything to do with running in electric mode. That green pedal comes on usually when there is a change (lowering) of the speed limit on the road you are on ahead and is telling you to let off the gas to slow down to the new limit and save fuel.
The following users liked this post:
angrypengu (09-26-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCL
I don't think that has anything to do with running in electric mode. That green pedal comes on usually when there is a change (lowering) of the speed limit on the road you are on ahead and is telling you to let off the gas to slow down to the new limit and save fuel.
I thought the same thing at first when I got the car, but after watching a BSG video on how the system works, it showed the green foot pedal icon as a fuel saving mode. So you may be correct or someone else in the know can say what the icon is for.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 920 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by HDCL
This. It can be disabled. It's a useless feature.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new 2023 55 Premium Q7

I got this car less than a week ago. On the first long ride with the family I got this error and the car overheated. At first, we pulled over as the warning recommended. Eventually, we were able to get back home.

I'm not a techie, can someone help me understand / clarify: can this issue be solved completely by going to the dealer? Or is this a lemon and I need to take a other action? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 414 Likes on 351 Posts

@Mendy if it is the BSG (alternator) it is totally covered, including a loaner or rental car reimbursement thru an audi dealer. You'll probably be without the car for 2 months, waiting for the part to show up, unless you get lucky.
Mendy (10-04-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

By all means, take it to a dealer. I don't think the indys can deal with this, and if it is the alternator, the warranty has been extended to 7 years.
Mendy (10-05-2023)
Old 10-05-2023, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

IF you had an alternator failure, you wouldn't be able to get back on the road. I couldn't even roll up my windows after it happened to me.

Sounds like a bad thermostat or something = for for go to dealer....

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction