Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lastaudiq7owner
I got the Electrical system: malfunction warning light on my Q7 2020. I was at the store so I tried to drive home. The AC stopped working on the way. By the time I got home, I couldn't open the car door by touching the handles. I had to use the key fob. Got my car towed to the dealership the next day. After 1 week they haven't even looked at my car yet. I was told they have a huge backlog. Based on my number on the queue, it may take another week for them to look at it. I can't even get a loaner. I was put on a standby list. I had to rent a car because I need one. Does anyone know what my best course of action here?
Unfortunately par for the course. This is
not dissimilar to my experience back in March with my 2019 Q8. Mine ended up taking about 2 months. Push the dealership for a loaner; once the BSG unit is replaced (assuming that this is the issue), complain to Audi. I ended up getting a loaner after about 3 weeks and when all said and done, Audi offered me a $1200 CAD Audi credit. Good luck!
Old 10-10-2023, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

2020 Q8, 44k miles. I’ve had a recurrent fault with the SOS call function for a while now. This weekend, it started dropping all the codes and faults mentioned above. Stop/Start, parking brake, rear turn signal and finally the Electrical system fault. Drove it to the Raleigh Audi dealer on Monday, and they confirmed it was the generator/starter. Part should be here next Monday. I was told the battery status will be determined after the generator is installed. I’ve got a Q8 loaner, but it’s a basic model. We will see how it goes.
Old 10-10-2023, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuller St
2020 Q8, 44k miles. I’ve had a recurrent fault with the SOS call function for a while now. This weekend, it started dropping all the codes and faults mentioned above. Stop/Start, parking brake, rear turn signal and finally the Electrical system fault. Drove it to the Raleigh Audi dealer on Monday, and they confirmed it was the generator/starter. Part should be here next Monday. I was told the battery status will be determined after the generator is installed. I’ve got a Q8 loaner, but it’s a basic model. We will see how it goes.
Have you had a lot of dealings with Audi Raleigh? I've only been there a few times but I've always liked it better than Audi Cary which is a lot closer to me.
Old 10-11-2023, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Gbop98
Have you had a lot of dealings with Audi Raleigh? I've only been there a few times but I've always liked it better than Audi Cary which is a lot closer to me.
Yes. It’s not too far from us. My primary Service Advisor has just retired, so I’m working with someone new. The SA is your best friend or your worst nightmare. We shall see.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fuller St:
angrypengu (10-14-2023), Gbop98 (10-14-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2021 Audi S6 Premium Plus

2021 Audi S6. 44,300 miles, Electrical System Malfunction. Just put 4 new Pirelli P Zeros and front/rear pads and rotors. I’ve spent $5k on this car in the last two weeks. Not amused.
Old 10-14-2023, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Question for those of you who have had the repair done. Did Audi also replace the 48 v battery? If not, what was the reason given?
Old 10-14-2023, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 353 Posts

There was a point where we had people posting their service paperwork and none had batteries replaced. That said I do recall a one off situation where someone had their battery replaced, but it was because the dealer left the car outside in extreme temps for 4 months. The dealer covered it.
Old 10-21-2023, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another one bites the dust...

2020 Audi A7 Prestige (s-line package), around 38k miles, electrical system malfunction + numerous other failures as outlined by others. I was reading this thread and decided to tow the vehicle to the Audi dealership. Following diagnosis by Audi it was determined that this indeed is a 48V generator issue. Part has been ordered. Audi told me anywhere between 1-3 months for the part to arrive. The dealership provided me with a loaner in the meantime.
Old 10-21-2023, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by A7NJ
Another one bites the dust...

2020 Audi A7 Prestige (s-line package), around 38k miles, electrical system malfunction + numerous other failures as outlined by others. I was reading this thread and decided to tow the vehicle to the Audi dealership. Following diagnosis by Audi it was determined that this indeed is a 48V generator issue. Part has been ordered. Audi told me anywhere between 1-3 months for the part to arrive. The dealership provided me with a loaner in the meantime.
Could you update us which part # they replace it with?
Old 10-22-2023, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 917 Likes on 750 Posts

It’s just a question of time until many of us get invited to this party. Hopefully Audi comes up with a long term fix.

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction