Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I joined themalfunction club

I have a 2021 Q8 with 42,000 miles. We were a 1,000. miles from home when we got the yellow electrical light warning. This was last Saturday. We were at a hockey tournament, so we proceeded to the rink as my son had to play. Meanwhile my wife found an Audi dealer that was open. On the way, the car threw the red warning to "stop driving immediately", but we were only 1 mile from dealer so we proceeded.
Service rep said we couldn't use the car. Since we had to get back home (Chicago), I asked for a loaner, but Service consultant said they didn't have one, but he would get me an Uber to a rental car agency.
We drove the rental car home and the dealer suggested we ship the car back. I was told yesterday the vehicle will be ready this Tuesday, so a relatively quick turn around.
Question is will AoA reimburse me for the rental car and the shipping?
Thoughts on the best person/department to start with at AoA?
Old 05-06-2024, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by johndmac
I have a 2021 Q8 with 42,000 miles. We were a 1,000. miles from home when we got the yellow electrical light warning. This was last Saturday. We were at a hockey tournament, so we proceeded to the rink as my son had to play. Meanwhile my wife found an Audi dealer that was open. On the way, the car threw the red warning to "stop driving immediately", but we were only 1 mile from dealer so we proceeded.
Service rep said we couldn't use the car. Since we had to get back home (Chicago), I asked for a loaner, but Service consultant said they didn't have one, but he would get me an Uber to a rental car agency.
We drove the rental car home and the dealer suggested we ship the car back. I was told yesterday the vehicle will be ready this Tuesday, so a relatively quick turn around.
Question is will AoA reimburse me for the rental car and the shipping?
Thoughts on the best person/department to start with at AoA?
Something similar happened to us, but only 300 miles from home. Audi offers trip introduction reimbursement up to $1000. I contacted the 1-800# and was told to mail in supporting documents and they would review the case. I didn't bother submitting anything.

https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/su...ssistance.html
Old 05-07-2024, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 416 Likes on 353 Posts

speculating - they are issuing the recall in some kind of doable batches, grouped by dealer or area etc.? maybe if they issue a recall for all vehicles at once, and have no way to resolve, there is some kind of liability. I checked 6 or 7 vins, none of them showed a recall.
Old 05-07-2024, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I just dropped off my car at the dealer for the recall. I asked why the recall is not showing up via VIN. He said it's dealer specific. Which may be why some of your SA's are saying there is no recall yet.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hcuorg
I just dropped off my car at the dealer for the recall. I asked why the recall is not showing up via VIN. He said it's dealer specific. Which may be why some of your SA's are saying there is no recall yet.
So per your dealership, the recall is there, just dripping out slowly / batch by batch / whatever order…..

Which is good news anyway!

PS: so even your VN# did not show up, but your dealership still did the recall for you at your request? Because they are the recall implementation dealership?

Last edited by danibear; 05-07-2024 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by danibear
So per your dealership, the recall is there, just dripping out slowly / batch by batch / whatever order…..

Which is good news anyway!

PS: so even your VN# did not show up, but your dealership still did the recall for you at your request? Because they are the recall implementation dealership?
Yes, according to my SA, the recall is there and because it shows up on their end, they were able to get my car in at my request.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hcuorg
Yes, according to my SA, the recall is there and because it shows up on their end, they were able to get my car in at my request.
Fantastic! I will try my luck today leaving office today. Will report back.

I am in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is it possible this is not a traditional recall? If it was, wouldn't it be listed on nhtsa? It seems like this is some kind of internal audi "recall" system.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
Is it possible this is not a traditional recall? If it was, wouldn't it be listed on nhtsa? It seems like this is some kind of internal audi "recall" system.
Audi service campaign? Is this the second term besides Safety Recall Audi uses?
Old 05-07-2024, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by danibear
Audi service campaign? Is this the second term besides Safety Recall Audi uses?
that looks like it'd fit the bill. so too me this reads like this is resolution done by audi under no regulation. so they can stage it however they want it. in the past there have been limitations on bsg availability. even though there has been some spot improvements, it doesn't seem like the overall bandwidth for delivering new bsg units is significantly improved.

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction