Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 938 Likes on 650 Posts

It's being done in batches. From what I hear A8s are prioritized, and then it goes down the chain which makes sense. Mine was in the first batch in Canada, all up.
The following users liked this post:
MorganMay (05-08-2024)
Old 05-07-2024, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
that looks like it'd fit the bill. so too me this reads like this is resolution done by audi under no regulation. so they can stage it however they want it. in the past there have been limitations on bsg availability. even though there has been some spot improvements, it doesn't seem like the overall bandwidth for delivering new bsg units is significantly improved.
My SA did mention they were having issues with not having parts. I'm going to assume why they're keeping this in the dark.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
It's being done in batches. From what I hear A8s are prioritized, and then it goes down the chain which makes sense. Mine was in the first batch in Canada, all up.
so they only do the high end Audi's, A8 and Q8, for the well healed customers and the lowly A6 customer can just wait with the rest of the rabble. Seems fair.
Old 05-08-2024, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If yours was in the first batch, is that inconsistent with the information you got a few weeks ago that had you saying you were going to have the replacement done proactively on your own dime?
Old 05-08-2024, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Gbop98
If yours was in the first batch, is that inconsistent with the information you got a few weeks ago that had you saying you were going to have the replacement done proactively on your own dime?
No, my vague (admittedly) post was to share that the updated BSG PN is a fix. I did not know a recall was coming but admittedly my sources did so when I said I was going to pursue a repair out of pocket they stalled even after I flip flopped on my decision to play Russian roulette. That said, I'm glad I didn't pay out of pocket and flip flopped. This saves me $1600.

Originally Posted by Jdsengineer
so they only do the high end Audi's, A8 and Q8, for the well healed customers and the lowly A6 customer can just wait with the rest of the rabble. Seems fair.
This is not inconsistent with how any car makers do this. I have a poor man's Ghost. Same thing - I'm on the last of any lists. Also, Audi has always prioritized highest levels of service for the A8. The Audi roadside assistance features, as an example, provide more coverage for an A8. Here in Canada, only shop foremans can work on A8s. There's a price delta for a reason. I don't know where the Q8 falls on the list, but it probably is lumped in the "other category" consisting of A6, A7, Q7s, Q8s, etc (no offense to anyone. I don't decide these things. Just a consumer here).

Originally Posted by hcuorg
My SA did mention they were having issues with not having parts. I'm going to assume why they're keeping this in the dark.
The backlog for BSGs has long been resolved. Long as is, since February or so. (in North America)

Last edited by angrypengu; 05-08-2024 at 06:00 AM.
Gbop98 (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdsengineer
While possible, I suspect Audi's internal data for failure rates is determining the rollout. I don't know the production volume, but maybe they want to take a whole model (or 2) off the list of impacted vehicles.
Old 05-08-2024, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is not inconsistent with how any car makers do this. I have a poor man's Ghost. Same thing - I'm on the last of any lists. Also, Audi has always prioritized highest levels of service for the A8. The Audi roadside assistance features, as an example, provide more coverage for an A8. Here in Canada, only shop foremans can work on A8s. There's a price delta for a reason. I don't know where the Q8 falls on the list, but it probably is lumped in the "other category" consisting of A6, A7, Q7s, Q8s, etc (no offense to anyone. I don't decide these things. Just a consumer here).
I was treated better at the dealer when I had my A8 vs. the A6 I had before it - better loaner cars, less pushback on known issues.
angrypengu (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dwboston
I was treated better at the dealer when I had my A8 vs. the A6 I had before it - better loaner cars, less pushback on known issues.
S6 owner here, dropped car last October for CEL (was fake alarm for EVAP), SA had Q5, and a Q7 parked there ready for loaner pickup that day. When I dropped my S version A6, SA hesitated and decided to give me Q5, lol….

Wonder will A8 still superior than RS7 in these situations? My next upgrade could be RS7, A8/S8 is too big too long to me…., or A8/S8 owners can change my mind?….

Last edited by danibear; 05-08-2024 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-08-2024, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by danibear
S6 owner here, dropped car last October for CEL (was fake alarm for EVAP), SA had Q5, and a Q7 parked there ready for loaner pickup that day. When I dropped my S version A6, SA hesitated and decided to give me Q5, lol….

Wonder will A8 still superior than RS7 in these situations? My next upgrade could be RS7, A8/S8 is too big too long to me…., or A8/S8 owners can change my mind?….
At that point it comes down to how down to Earth the owner of those vehicles are versus the vehicle itself. Lots of D bags who own these cars and SAs are humans too.

RS7 vs A/S8? Two different cars.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by danibear
Audi service campaign? Is this the second term besides Safety Recall Audi uses?
I believe you were correct. I just picked up my car and it said "32614 per campaign replaced starter generator." They replaced it with the 4N1 revision.

Quick Reply: Electric System Malfunction