Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Electric System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 414 Likes on 351 Posts

@danibear it happens cars are delivered w parts that have faults and people notice. The car I have (a 2024 cayenne), some users report a capacitive overhead console light that comes on randomly. Porsche dealers seem to fix this by replacing the overhead console. Just one example. The issues don’t have to be major.

Also, I think they roll up to brand because this is intended to be one of those data points that is very 10,000 foot. JD Power is one of the respected 3rd parties - i don’t know the history or if the respect they get is warranted, but it seems to be a de facto party on these kinds of data sets. So though car person may look model by model, someone that isn’t, and say a vanity buyer, they may just look by maker. Say to decide between which brand BMW, Mercedes and Audi may best match with their LV or Gucci style preferences.

I had a good experience w my prior audi. I really like how it drove. Before that I was BMW for 17 years. However audi cars imo have nicer interiors. So I went audi. Now I am w Porsche - again interior driven mostly in my case (i like physical click-y switches and lots of leather), as well as my perception of handling.

So to close the loop - audi’s. bad bsg since it is a cross model product has probably really hit the brand hard. This bsg thing is a major miss. I hope in the end they will sit w vitesco and do a serious lessons learned and that this mild hybrid tech will get a stability improvement as a result. Ur starting and stopping a gas engine many more times - granted these are not cold starts, the why eco system of how the vehicle works is going to be impacted. The kinks need to be worked out.
The following users liked this post:
danibear (06-28-2024)
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 911 Likes on 745 Posts

A review based on the first 90 days of ownership is really nothing more than a dealership/sales experience survey. In the first 90 days most of us have not even had an oil change.
The following 2 users liked this post by KevinGary:
angrypengu (Yesterday), Lego_Maniac (Yesterday)